Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tig Weld Parts Needed - Trailblazer 302

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig Weld Parts Needed - Trailblazer 302

I want to start using my TB302 for Tig welding steel and aluminum.

What parts will I need? Obviously I need the torch. I'm looking for a 25' setup if not a bit more. I'd like to get a nice torch with a shorty/rotating head.

Thanks all. Happy Holidays.

Visit you LWS, get a tig block, a torch of your choice with a gas Valve, a HF Arc stabiizer if your going to run Aluminum, a peddle if you need arc control. Argon for steel and Aluminum, Trimix for stainless

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      Trimix for stainless
      Trimix? TIG? Any CO2 (part of trimix) with TIG is a definate no no. 100% argon all the way.

Trimix with MIG for SS - yes.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
        Trimix? TIG? Any CO2 (part of trimix) with TIG is a definate no no. 100% argon all the way.

Trimix with MIG for SS - yes.
        +1 on 100% argon. Could add a helium bottle to your rig...a little more umph for tiggin aluminum.

Comment

Thanks guys. Does that peddle have a cable? Or will it be remote to the 14 pin connector some how?

Comment

Originally posted by kvwall View Post
            Thanks guys. Does that peddle have a cable? Or will it be remote to the 14 pin connector some how?
            You can choose wired or wireless foot/hand/finger controls, with various pin configurations. The TB302 I believe has a 14 pin remote plug like my TB325, check your owners manual for conformation to be sure.
            Miller has a good selection but there are a few other manufactures that seem to provide a quality products I've found so far.
            Here's Millers link for remote controls.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...mote_controls/
            Last edited by Mr Joshua; 12-23-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.