Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tig setup for a Trailblazer 325?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tig setup for a Trailblazer 325?

    I just picked up a Trailblazer 325 and would like a couple suggestions for a decent TIG setup to learn on for it. Mostly for light to mild duty steel and stainless.
    Thanks.
    ~J

  • #2
    I'd like to know the same for a TB302.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not usually one to complain; in this case I will make an exception. To have this thread looked at 172 times without a knowledgeable response leaves a rather bitter taste in my mouth. More so due to the fact that another user appears to be looking for something similar and still no response after roughly two days. So I'll go about answering my own question in this thread with knowledge I've gained by simply utilizing Google, which irks me to no end. I shouldn't have to answer my own question in a forum such as this. Prove me wrong by adding constructive criticism in this thread.

      I found this rather easy to use TIG torch selector on Weld Craft's website.
      http://www.weldcraft.com/help-me-choose/

      Looking at the manual for each given torch selection will further drill down the type of torch you’re looking at with its available options. With/without a gas valve, two piece cable/one piece cable, with/without a high frequency box, etc..
      http://www.weldcraft.com/literature-manuals/

      Example: WP-17's manual http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/o225427d_multi.pdf

      Weld Craft's full catalog is here with Weld-Ready TIG torch kits at the very bottom of page 27.
      http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Weldcr...ll-Catalog.pdf

      Here are a few manufactures of TIG torches.

      Weld Craft
      http://www.weldcraft.com/

      CK Worldwide
      http://www.ckworldwide.com/

      Tec-Torch
      http://www.tectorch.com/

      Nu-Tec Systems
      http://www.nu-tecsys.com/

      Radnor
      http://www.airgas.com/browse/product...aspx?catID=217

      Even Lincoln Electric
      http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...s/torches.aspx

      Comment


      • #4
        Why are you complaining about an absolutely free resource? Great way to motivate people to help you!

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I am honestly not trying to be a smart arse but not knowing what the welder was, I looked it up. When you purchase something that size I would have thought your welding knowledge and experience would give you answers to your own questions.
          I however did purchase a 200 DX and had never welded a thing in my life, so you may have gone the full hog like I did.
          That is a large and expensive machine though. Hope someone helps you because I for one am still learning after five years with mine. Thank God I do not weld for a living, I would be bust with the little I know.
          Good Luck.

          Comment


          • #6
            We didn't answer this thread cause it seemed so stupid. Obviously the OP has never welded before, let alone Tig. A simple looksee through your owners manual, would tell you about lift arc tig.

            What do you need to know, hmmmm, a torch maybe with a dial to turn off/on the gas. A tig block and bottle of Argon, or trimix.

            The other guy needs the same, maybe a HF stabilizer for running Aluminum.

            Maybe a class on how to read your manual. or an internet class on how to search this forum would help too.

            Comment


            • #7
              The trailblazer 325 is dc only, an Hf 251 would not allow you todo aluminum.

              What you need a is simple tig torch with a built in valve and power block for scratch start tig

              A foot pedal would be a nice feature to adjust heat
              and a bottle of argon

              Brand really isn't that important, but because of the board, I will suggest a
              WELDCRAFT AIRCOOLED, 200 A, 25ft W/VALVE WP26V25RM $258.62

              Also a pc-300 would allow for pulse tig

              Comment


              • #8
                When I said "the other guy", I ment the guy with the 302 which has AC.

                Both units have lift arc, zero reason to scratch start
                Last edited by cruizer; 12-22-2012, 05:35 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
                  Why are you complaining about an absolutely free resource? Great way to motivate people to help you!
                  You must have missed the
                  Originally posted by Mr Joshua View Post
                  constructive criticism
                  portion of my second post.
                  Originally posted by jmpgino View Post
                  Well I am honestly not trying to be a smart arse but not knowing what the welder was, I looked it up. When you purchase something that size I would have thought your welding knowledge and experience would give you answers to your own questions.
                  I however did purchase a 200 DX and had never welded a thing in my life, so you may have gone the full hog like I did.
                  That is a large and expensive machine though. Hope someone helps you because I for one am still learning after five years with mine. Thank God I do not weld for a living, I would be bust with the little I know.
                  Good Luck.
                  Never look a gift horse in the mouth as it is hard to beat free, a house warming present so to speak. Heh, full hog, starting out somewhat in the middle is always a nice way to go. Learning is always key, the problem with welding, much like anything else, knowledge can only take you so far, you need skill and experience to take you the rest of the way. Practicing and taking an honest interest in performing to the best of your abilities helps immensely. Good luck to you and keep at it; the world is sorely in need of experienced dedicated welders.
                  Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                  We didn't answer this thread because it seemed so stupid. Obviously the OP has never welded before, let alone Tig. A simple look see through your owners manual, would tell you about lift arc tig.

                  What do you need to know, hmmmm, a torch maybe with a dial to turn off/on the gas. A tig block and bottle of Argon, or trimix.

                  The other guy needs the same, maybe a HF stabilizer for running Aluminum.

                  Maybe a class on how to read your manual; or an internet class on how to search this forum would help too.
                  I was looking more for a discussion on the different manufactures rather than the overall TIG setup on the TB325. I’m not sure which manufactures produce quality products and I figured this forum “might” be able to shed some light on that, rather than sarcasm.
                  Originally posted by Amc724 View Post
                  The trailblazer 325 is dc only, an Hf 251 would not allow you todo aluminum.

                  What you need a is simple tig torch with a built in valve and power block for scratch start tig

                  A foot pedal would be a nice feature to adjust heat
                  and a bottle of argon

                  Brand really isn't that important, but because of the board, I will suggest a
                  WELDCRAFT AIRCOOLED, 200 A, 25ft W/VALVE WP26V25RM $258.62

                  Also a pc-300 would allow for pulse tig
                  Yup, and nope.
                  I’ll take a look at that model again; it’s on my list of possibilities.
                  Hadn’t seen the PC-300 in my browsing, I’ll take a look at that as well.
                  Thanks for providing some usable info.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Joshua, Take a look on that other post, I left a fairly detailed set up to help you get started on tig welding, I will recheck back here in a couple of days to see if you have any more questions. But take a look at the other fellas post.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                      . . . and bottle of Argon, or trimix.
                      And as pointed out in the other thread - no trimix for SS with TIG - 100% argon only. TIG and CO2 (in trimix) do not go together.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
                        Joshua, Take a look on that other post, I left a fairly detailed set up to help you get started on tig welding, I will recheck back here in a couple of days to see if you have any more questions. But take a look at the other fellas post.
                        I think you're referring to this thread, TIG-unit-question, Post #12 correct?
                        Thanks for the info, keep it coming.
                        Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                        And as pointed out in the other thread - no trimix for SS with TIG - 100% argon only. TIG and CO2 (in trimix) do not go together.
                        Noted on the Argon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes Joshua, Post #12, I hope that gave you some of the imformation that you needed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Have tri-mix on the brain, was thinking Argon-Helium, have a bottle of it here. Welds stainless slick

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Personally I like the tweco 150 amp flex head torch, but I think they've gone out of business or sold out, all we used in the furnaces was the tweco, man their tough,, the power cable use to be called "super flex" one piece,, two piece (two hoses, one power one gas) equals junk in my book.

                              I have trailblazer also for home use, good generator, I bought the add on HF box just like we use at work for my aluminum work, can't remember the model # though but it's very durable, I also use a 1/8" tungsten set up for 95% of my tig work even at work.

                              If I remember right the contractors that weld next to me at work use the Weldcraft torch,, never really cared for them, just wouldn't take the abuse, maybe its changed, but my Tweco set up has served me well for the last 20 yrs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.