Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wath kind of helmet ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wath kind of helmet ?

Hi All !

I decided to retire my old welding helmet... It have worked hard since 1974, suffered several repairs and patches, it is just enough to hold the helmut inside my office, as a recognition of a good work friend.

And wath kind of helmet shal I buy ? A auto darkening ?
    Who make a autodarkened helmut at reasonable place?

My work is general electrical maintenance, and requires not too much welding. Sometimes I perfom 2-3 hours welding in a week.

I am living in Toronto

Thanks for any suggestion

Newton

Wath kind of helmet ?

I have the miller elite. It is an awesome helmet but is pricey at about $300. If u buy an auto make sure you don't have to turn it on. Bc it will turn itself off and u will without a doubt flash yourself. Just my two cents

Comment

You might be able to search and find some, but at one time miller was making a Maple leaf helmet.

http://www.millerwelds.com/about/new...ticles132.html

Comment

Wath kind of helmet ?

If you are looking for good all around auto darkening helmet that is reasonably priced I am firm on the 3M Seedglas 100V. I have a couple and they are durable, reasonably priced and have the beat optics in its price range IMO.

Comment

Wath kind of helmet ?

I have a couple esab helmets just basic auto darkening helmet with solar no batteries and 2 shades 10,11 hope this helps

Comment

I use a Jackson 4.25"x5.25" fixed shade with a gold lens. Thats my preference for most of the welding I do. Some of the over head GTAW that I do would probably be a little easier with an auto helmet so I'm also looking at getting a new one. The best Auto helmet I've tried so far IMO is the Miller Digital Elite, It's a little smaller viewing area than I'm used to but I believe I could adjust to it in time. I would suggest trying out some different ones and see what you like, if you have that option.

Comment

Fibre metal gold 12 with halo

Comment

Miller helmet with an extreme lens. Huge viewing area (biggest ive seen anywhere) Auto on. Self charging multiple settings the best if both brands.
                Last edited by eecervantes83; 12-22-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I like my Speedglas 9100XX
                  It ain't cheep tho

Comment

Wath kind of helmet ?

I second fusionking. I currently have two speedglas helmets a 100v, and a 9002x. My next one will be a 9100xx. In my opinion speedglas has the best hood for the money with the best optics. The 100v is their economy hood with the least amount of features and smallest viewing area but, the optics in my opinion surpass anything in its price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezeppa View Post
                      I second fusionking. I currently have two speedglas helmets a 100v, and a 9002x. My next one will be a 9100xx. In my opinion speedglas has the best hood for the money with the best optics. The 100v is their economy hood with the least amount of features and smallest viewing area but, the optics in my opinion surpass anything in its price range.

How are they on overhead? My Miller just fryers up with the sparks. Why dose miller put a catch shelf for **** to sit on?

Comment

auto darkners are good

I have both a miller elite auto darkner and a passiveg lens mp 10. Both miller. I use a glass gold lens for the mp 10 and it is so lite weight and i never get flashed because you dont have to wait for a response time. With the elite i use it to mig so i dont lose postion and weld on sum wall that doesnt need weld. But after a while i ended up using nothing but the passive lens. Miller mp10 cost me 35 dollars at air gas and the lens at TSC cost 7 dollars. The lens is a shade 10 and gold filter and is made by hobart. This is my second lens. My buddy begged me for the first one. And you get good bang for your buck. Instead of the 300. They have low grades of miller helemts.

Comment

miller fixed that

The 2012gare better. And all of the gear goes from the inside. Instead of the flip apart front. Which it looked boss but no reasoning behind the shelf for the over head working force. The mp10s are nice and lite thats whats so awesome about them.

Comment

I had a cheapo Northern Tool $50 autodark hood and then got a Miller Digital Elite, but neither of them lets me see as well as with a plain old non-autodark gold #11 shade in a Jackson hood.

I like the Jackson hood because the headgear is replaceable and reasonably priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                              I had a cheapo Northern Tool $50 autodark hood and then got a Miller Digital Elite, but neither of them lets me see as well as with a plain old non-autodark gold #11 shade in a Jackson hood.

I like the Jackson hood because the headgear is replaceable and reasonably priced.
                              Don't know if it is an age thing, but my Huntsman/Jackson hoods with the gold #10 and magnifiers have never served me better. I still have 2 autodark but rarely use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.