Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! How do I set up for flux core mig? Polarity, amps, speed, anything please...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! How do I set up for flux core mig? Polarity, amps, speed, anything please...

Just landed on a jobsite in Iowa. I am AWS certified stick. First trip off site to the boneyard and it is "all" flux core mig and I am clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wayyyy, too many varibles, lookup the Miller weld calculator

Comment

No gas flux core or gas shield flux core? big difference...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Wayyyy, too many varibles, lookup the Miller weld calculator

Went to the calculater. Good starting point. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
          No gas flux core or gas shield flux core? big difference...Bob
          No gas flux core. Welder is Miller (desiel) of unknown model w/ "suitcase" wire feed. Mild steel 1/4" to 1/2". Really appreciate any input. Thanks.

Comment

HELP! How do I set up for flux core mig? Polarity, amps, speed, anything please...

All wire manufactures will give you welding permitters for the particular wire you are running. Find out the type of wire and size wire and do an Internet search.

Comment

What are you welding with...machine and wire ill give you the info

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.