Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millermatic 350P

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 350P

I was looking at a 2005 model 350P with about 300 hours on it and I'm assuming 10,004 arc strikes on it.(It was only registering 4 so I assumed it turned over). Again, assuming that it was not used in a heavy plate fab shop being ran near max every day, what are the hour and arc strike "numbers" when you should just not even consider the machine and walk away from it?
    By the way, I could probably get the machine for about $1,400.00.

Also, when you would turn it on and it would power up, it would buzz very, very loudly. Much louder than the new 350P that I have. Is that an indicator of something???

If the unit makes that much noise and there was no "magic smoke" let out, I would look at the contactor in the unit first off. A noisy contactor coil can be very loud and annoying and will eventually fail, but it does not tend to make any smoke or loud bangs in the process of failing. If another part had failed in the unit it should have been more obvious, with smoke, smell, or even blowing the wall breaker.

Comment

Why did you duplicate this post? Cruizer answered your first post and would have answered again if you added a question. Just curious why you would post almost the exact same post twice, when you had an answer from a very knowledgable individual (Cruizer)?

Comment

Actually, if you would pay attention a little closer, you would see that this was my first post and noboby replied. So I reworded the title to possibly get others to look at it.
        Still nobody replied. Then I asked cruizer specifically to help out.

Anyways, why does it bother you that I posted twice. Did it mess up your day or something???????

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.