Tungsten question....weldcraft vs weldmark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tungsten question....weldcraft vs weldmark

has anyone used weldmark green pure tungsten? its much cheaper than weldcraft. is the weldmark any good? thanks a lot.

anybody?

Comment

Go cheap ive used 2% for everything including aluminum. No issues

Comment

just watched a welding tips and tricks video and he said the 2% lanthinated will hold up on ac and dc. can i just buy 1 type of tungsten?

Comment

green(pure) tungsten is primarily for aluminum , not used with inverter powersources

Yes you can use 2% lanthanated tungsten ( Blue color) for everything. also 1.5 % lanthanated which are gold can also be used for everything. I use both but i have to say the 2% seem to take the higher current levels better and they dont seem to burn up or erode at all. they are really good. Seems like many welding books dont talk too much about them yet, mostly refer to Thoriated for steels and either pure or zirtungs for aluminum. The Lanthanated and Cerium electrodes are kinda "new" like the inverter machines they tend to use them with.
          I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Comment

100% green tungsten on aluminium with Dynasty 350 works awesome

green tungsten can be used with inverter welders on aluminum...i use it everyday on a dynasty 350...works awesome, so why say it can't be used??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by thunder71 View Post
              green tungsten can be used with inverter welders on aluminum...i use it everyday on a dynasty 350...works awesome, so why say it can't be used??????????????
              Nobody says you can't use it. Shucks, I could use it but why would it when my 2% lanthanated holds the point for days without splintering or spitting.

You can tune an inverter tig to utilize any blend, so why would I shackle myself with low temp pure when I can take advantage of high temp blends. TriMix is my favorite but wildly expensive.
              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
              Miller Dynasty200DX
              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
              MillerMatic350P
              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
              MKCobraMig260
              Lincoln SP-170T
              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
              Hypertherm 1250
              Hypertherm 800
              PlasmaCam CNC cutter
              Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
              SiberHegner CNC Mill
              2 ea. Bridgeport
              LeBlond 15" Lathe
              Haberle 18" Cold Saw
              Doringer 14" Cold Saw
              6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

low temp??? i run 235 amps welding anodized aluminum...i have tryed different types but the 100% works the best for ME...

holds a point for days maybe with the machine turned off,ha green don't need a point and will never need sharpening, never

Comment

i'm still welding with my dynasty 350 and using 100% green tungsten on aluminum everyday at work

Comment

A Little...Bored..?? Are We...??

i'm still welding with my dynasty 350 and using 100% green tungsten on aluminum everyday at work
                    And you could shovel snow with a grain scoop too...

but that does not mean it is the best method..

Why wait 2+ years to try and revive the argument..??

Running pure green Tungsten on a Dynasty strikes me as good an idea as running recaps on a Lamborghini.... maybe not so much....

different matter if it were a 330A B/P or any other Sinewave Transformer machine..
                    THEN... Pure Green would be a good idea...

I agree with Shovelon...

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
                    Nobody says you can't use it. Shucks, I could use it but why would it when my 2% lanthanated holds the point for days without splintering or spitting.

You can tune an inverter tig to utilize any blend, so why would I shackle myself with low temp pure when I can take advantage of high temp blends. TriMix is my favorite but wildly expensive.
                    Last edited by H80N; 02-15-2015, 03:29 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

low temp??? i run 235 amps welding anodized aluminum...i have tryed different types but the 100% works the best for ME...

holds a point for days maybe with the machine turned off,ha green don't need a point and will never need sharpening, never
                      So much good info here.

Griff

Comment

If you have an inverter, use the pure tungstens you may have in potatoes to speed the baking process, by the way, 1/8" filler stubs work better.

Otherwise, pass them on to someone with a transformer based welder.

Lanthanated or other tungsten work. For AC high amperage, crank your balance all the way toward EP strike an arc on copper to round the end of your tungsten. Then switch back to 70%.
                        Dynasty 280DX
                        Bobcat 250
                        MM252
                        Spool gun
                        Twentieth Century 295
                        Twentieth Century 295 AC
                        Marquette spot welder
                        Smith torches

Comment

Originally posted by WillieB View Post
                          If you have an inverter, use the pure tungstens you may have in potatoes to speed the baking process, by the way, 1/8" filler stubs work better.
                          Even better than Aluminum Potato Nails...???....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

been doing it this way for years and works great,,why change to something that has proven to me not to be as good...sounds like you guys are salesmen trying to move the latest gadgets

Comment

been doing it this way for years and works great,,why change to something that has proven to me not to be as good...sounds like you guys are salesmen trying to move the latest gadgets
                              Easy enough to set up a Dynasty to emulate a 330 A B/P on aluminum...

Set it to AC... 60HZ... AC Balance 50/50... Waveshape to Sine... HF to Cont..

and you would have eliminated all of the advantages of having a programmable advanced inverter...

To each his own..

Welcome back to 1978...

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                              X