Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tungsten question....weldcraft vs weldmark

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tungsten question....weldcraft vs weldmark

has anyone used weldmark green pure tungsten? its much cheaper than weldcraft. is the weldmark any good? thanks a lot.

anybody?

Comment

Go cheap ive used 2% for everything including aluminum. No issues

Comment

just watched a welding tips and tricks video and he said the 2% lanthinated will hold up on ac and dc. can i just buy 1 type of tungsten?

Comment

green(pure) tungsten is primarily for aluminum , not used with inverter powersources

Yes you can use 2% lanthanated tungsten ( Blue color) for everything. also 1.5 % lanthanated which are gold can also be used for everything. I use both but i have to say the 2% seem to take the higher current levels better and they dont seem to burn up or erode at all. they are really good. Seems like many welding books dont talk too much about them yet, mostly refer to Thoriated for steels and either pure or zirtungs for aluminum. The Lanthanated and Cerium electrodes are kinda "new" like the inverter machines they tend to use them with.

Comment

100% green tungsten on aluminium with Dynasty 350 works awesome

green tungsten can be used with inverter welders on aluminum...i use it everyday on a dynasty 350...works awesome, so why say it can't be used??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by thunder71 View Post
              green tungsten can be used with inverter welders on aluminum...i use it everyday on a dynasty 350...works awesome, so why say it can't be used??????????????
              Nobody says you can't use it. Shucks, I could use it but why would it when my 2% lanthanated holds the point for days without splintering or spitting.

You can tune an inverter tig to utilize any blend, so why would I shackle myself with low temp pure when I can take advantage of high temp blends. TriMix is my favorite but wildly expensive.

Comment

low temp??? i run 235 amps welding anodized aluminum...i have tryed different types but the 100% works the best for ME...

holds a point for days maybe with the machine turned off,ha green don't need a point and will never need sharpening, never

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.