MOBILE: Flatbed vs. trailer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
    Skid set up will free truck up quicker loading and unloading, skid could always go on trailer too. What size is your trailer going to be. Single axle ???
    yeah single axle probably like a 6x4. i saw this picture of this guy who made mounts for all his equipment on the side rails so he could put all his stock on the base of the trailer id love to do that.

Comment

I started out with a 6' X 12' single axle trailer. Ran that for 7 years, pulling it with a short bed 2wd pick up with a 4.3 V6. Then switched to a 7' X 14' enclosed trailer and 2500HD crewcab, for 2 years. Just now building a service truck with utility body and crane. Hope to have it ready by spring 2013. If I would have had a heavy duty truck to start out with, I probally would have built a skid, but have had no regrets. Just make it look clean, neat and professional. FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!!

Comment

I made the thing on a common pallet profile.

Comment

I have mine all in the truck I have a tb302 and behind that I have a custom tool box which has 300' of cable, 150' extension cord, grinder, clamps, hand tools, welding rod in rod keeper containers, chop saw,sawzall, drill bits, cut off blades, etc, concrete drill, assortment of concrete anchors, 12 ton jack, fire extinguisher and can still hook my gooseneck trailer up net thing I'm going to do is mount customer owned oxy/act tanks beside the welder and put yuck disconnects on the tanks world well for me

Comment

And also I still have the factory box on still

Comment

Working...
            X