Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it bad or not to braze or weld the blade?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it bad or not to braze or weld the blade?

I broke one of my band saw blades and I'm thinking of brazing or welding it. Is it a good idea?

probably should just buy a new one, to much effort to weld it back and grind it down, not worth the time and effort in my opinion

Comment

We regularly silver solder blades in a jig. Been doing it for too many years to remember. Still have all my fingers too. I will say it pays me but my blades are 160 inches long and my supplier is 70 miles away. There is nothing wrong with it if it is done right in my opinion. Is it worth it? It is for me but it depends on the the cost and availability of replacements in your area and I guess how badly mangled the blade is and how much pressure there is to get back to cutting.
      Meltedmetal

Comment

I do both, I have spare full blades for I need this job done now breaks and I keep the broken blades to solder them back together when I have a few to do. Usually the blades are trash when I am done with them though.

Comment

I was thinking also of buying new one. I know it's not really recommended
          to braze broken saw blades. Perhaps, I'll just order Haltbar blades.
          Thank you so much for your help guys

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.