Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most comfortable/durable welding boots.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most comfortable/durable welding boots.

I like the opull on/no lacees boots. i was looking into red wings, justins, wolverine, and other brands. i need some help on deciding. i dont mind spending the money for comfort and duribility.

also, do any of these boots come with warranty's? thanks
    Last edited by loolagigi; 12-03-2012, 07:03 PM.

My last few years on the Fire Department, I wore some Bates boots. They zip up the side and are very comfortable right out of the box. In my retirement, hobby welding, I still wear them alot of the time. Also, I can tell ya this: Berkenstocks are not a good choice, even if you are only using your little 110 mig. Trust me. Here's a link to the boots:
    http://www.galls.com/cgi/CGBCSTYL?PMSTYL=SP403

Comment

Danner for lace ups for sure .... I like the Chippewa slip ons .

Comment

http://www.forgeshieldshoes.com/

Comment

I have had my danner's for years and they still clean up almost new. Very comfortable too.

Comment

boots

Red wing is my choice. But the only real thing that matters is that they are good quality leather, and comfortable on your feet. They all wear out

Comment

Redwing king toes are the best for great toe room and comfor. They also are composite toe which keeps them warmer in winter. Downfalls are they are not resoleable and if ya step on hot slag it melts in pretty easy. Have been looking for something different myself as I seem to be welding more and more

Comment

I keep coming back to redwings. I get the leather only (no lining). 2 years on mine right now with the only thing wrong is worn through toes.

Comment

Redwings were the most comfortable boot I ever wore. Just can't find any I like lately. So I went over to Bass Pro Shop and got a pair of RedHeads. I miss my Redwings.

Comment

I wear a pair of internal metatarsals, waterproof, made by Red Wing. Buying boots is a losing battle I have tried different brands to no avail. I try to buy pairs made in the U.S.A. Some times it helps other times it just costs more money for junk. I have a very difficult time getting 9 months out of a pair of boots.

Comment

i baught redwings. they were $255, plus $50 insoles. $328 total. hope they can keep up with me.

Comment

They won't boots are a uphill battle. Red wing and the others on on the decline

Comment

White's boots.... Spokane WA I have been wearing them since 1968...You can buy them off the shelf, or have them custom built...They are top of the line, durable, and rebuildable...Expensive, but they last a long time.

Comment

I own two pair of whites 10" smoke jumpers i wear them 0400- 2300 365 days a year. Once broken in, there is no boot of equil or lesser value that is even in the same league. I own at least a pair of almost every "high end" (expensive) work/ hunting boot made. Danner, wolverine, hathorne, etc... none as comfortable, durable or as tough and when you've worn them out you send them in and they do full rebuild for about half the cost of a new pair of "high end" boots. Also big fan of schnees for pack boots and hunting boots
                            - Steve

Comment

Whites all the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.