Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 280 MIA in 2013 Miller Catalog

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 280 MIA in 2013 Miller Catalog

Got 2013 Miller catalog today and no Dynasty 280?? Wonder what happened?
    Last edited by LWSGUY; 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: Can't spell

Seems to have been pulled from all literature, even from the technical Miller site. I'm thinking severe problems with the unit or patent issues.

Big unknown here.

Comment

They are "hardening" the control boards, and optimizing cooling. Not surprising as they are pulling 280 amps out of a unit a tad bigger than a 200DX.

Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
        They are "hardening" the control boards
        So are you saying this is some sort of thing Miller is doing or this is happening to prototype units in service?

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
          So are you saying this is some sort of thing Miller is doing or this is happening to prototype units in service?
          From what I know it is at Miller. Under full load they are not happy with internal temps. Could be an airflow issue. Nothing a few "breather holes" would not fix?

I will field/load test one for Miller. Hint,Hint.

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
            From what I know it is at Miller. Under full load they are not happy with internal temps. Could be an airflow issue. Nothing a few "breather holes" would not fix?

I will field/load test one for Miller. Hint,Hint.
            That doesn't sounds like something that would cause them to completely yank it from the 2013 product line, unless they're having to redesign the case or cooling, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by ILikeFlyin View Post
              That doesn't sounds like something that would cause them to completely yank it from the 2013 product line, unless they're having to redesign the case or cooling, or both.
              Perhaps that is it. Makes sense not to put it in the catalog if they are not ready yet.

Comment

Perhaps that is it. Makes sense not to put it in the catalog if they are not ready yet.[/QUOTE]

Just like it didn't make sense to put it in the 2012 catalog. lol
                I would have loved to have a portable 280 amp tig. I got the 350 and live it, takes 2 to load on the truck!!
                Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
                  Perhaps that is it. Makes sense not to put it in the catalog if they are not ready yet.
                  Just like it didn't make sense to put it in the 2012 catalog. lol
                  I would have loved to have a portable 280 amp tig. I got the 350 and live it, takes 2 to load on the truck!!
                  Kevin[/QUOTE]
                  True that.

You mean you love it???

Comment

Yes love it, iPhone. Haha

Comment

Perhaps, it has competition? And is not competing for the price they are going to ask for it? The economy is not getting any better just because we elected a new President!!! Wait same President!! Same economy!!!

Comment

It's great that they will not release a unit before its perfect. That's why they have brand loyalty. A solid company with a Customer service second to none.

If this were a Chicom unit, the field testing would likely be performed by the general public.

Comment

Oh well

Meanwhile I'll continue making dough with the 2 Dynasty's I have.
                          I was waiting on the matching cooler to be a pretty nice piece as well.
                          I agree that Miller is to be commended for not releasing untill they get it right.
                          Anybody can suck and blame it on the economy these days.

Comment

I was waiting to put my 200dx on ebay as soon as the 280 came out. Now I'm more inclined to keep my 200dx, and maybe just go ahead and add a new dynasty 350dx. Although it's great for the brand that Miller will not let it go until it's properly life-cycle tested; Miller would have done better just to stay quiet. Not being in the 2013 catalog probably means it will not make it out until 2015, then the price will have to be higher to cover these r&d over-runs...

Comment

Dynasty 280 Update

Thanks for all the enthusiasm and questions surrounding the Dynasty 280. As a company, we want to keep our forum members aware and updated on the progress of this new product.

After significant evaluation, our team is completing further testing which has caused a delay in the product release. We are committed to producing a quality product with outstanding performance first and foremost and therefore can't make any time commitments surrounding the product release. We would encourage those of you looking for a product right now to look into purchasing the Dynasty 200 or 350 products. Thanks for the great conversations and continued support of fellow welders.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.