Old Welding Hood - Who's the Mfg?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Welding Hood - Who's the Mfg?

I have this old welding hood. Anyone have an idea who is the manufacturer? I'd like to try to find a new headgear for it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GaryN; 12-01-2012, 10:01 PM.

Originally posted by GaryN View Post
    I have this old welding hood. Anyone have an idea who is the manufacturer? I'd like to try to find a new headgear for it.
    I believe that is a "Fibre-Metal" brand.

Griff

Comment

Looks like fiber metal to me too

Comment

The welding hood is made by Sellstrom manufacturing co. Palatine or Patatine Illinois. I have a headgear that any welding store would carry, just bring your hood with you.

Comment

Yeah that style of helmet will take a lot of generic headgears .... I personally like using surgical tubing ...It is the best .. Hands down . When I buy a new pipeliner / fibre metal . I throw away the headgear and use the tubing it's so comfortable . . Plus it is so much fun to walk into the pharmacy all dirty and tired and say hey ( let me get some of that surgical tubing... About 20 inches ). Lol the look is priceless .

Comment

Yeah that style of helmet will take a lot of generic headgears .... I personally like using surgical tubing ...It is the best .. Hands down . When I buy a new pipeliner / fibre metal . I throw away the headgear and use the tubing it's so comfortable .
            . Plus it is so much fun to walk into the pharmacy all dirty and tired and say hey ( let me get some of that surgical tubing... About 20 inches ). Lol the look is priceless .

Comment

Yeah that style of helmet will take a lot of generic headgears .... I personally like using surgical tubing ...It is the best .. Hands down . When I buy a new pipeliner / fibre metal . I throw away the headgear and use the tubing it's so comfortable .
              . Plus it is so much fun to walk into the pharmacy all dirty and tired and say hey ( let me get some of that surgical tubing... About 20 inches ). Lol the look is priceless .

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Old Welding Hood - Who's the MFG?

Originally posted by drpipe View Post
                          You sound like a broking record, lol. This looks like something I would do

Comment

Wow what a mess .. Sorry for jacking your thread .... Hey at least it was good info . Dam n iPhone glitch

Comment

Originally posted by browniethewelder View Post
                              The welding hood is made by Sellstrom manufacturing co. Palatine or Patatine Illinois. I have a headgear that any welding store would carry, just bring your hood with you.
                              You get the prize Brownie... I emailed the pic to Sellstrom and it's an old 280 series. Headgears are still available. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X