Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

miler 250dx tig .... issues ....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miler 250dx tig .... issues ....

i have a 2006 250dx , over a month ago welding AC it would go right to full voltage , so i did some reading and thought it might be the mother board ,i was in a hurry and didnt want to deal with a repair shop so i bought a new mother board for it {yes i installed it correctly** still the same issues . so i took it to a miller certified repair facility , after them having it for a few weeks and getting the run around i demanded to take it elsewhere they supposedly found the problem , a fualty rectifier . so i had them replace it cost like 1100.00 to TS and repair . got the welder back a few days ago 1st job was stainless didnt get to try aluminum but over the past few days it had a hard time to start like the high frequency was acting up but after a few seconds the arc would stabalize and work fine . then today i had an aluminum job , setup the machine like i always do , and BAM , same issues that i took it in for repair it will go to full voltage and through up a hlp code 1 ... for a SCR ......

so here i am , sat evening , frusterated that i just spent that money and its not fixed , and who knows how much it will cost now ......

anyone ever have this issue ? yes the machine is hooked up properly , yes grounds are right , etc ....

i should mention , it welds DC fine but has that issue with it not starting the arc right away .... best way to describe it ... it zaps for a few seconds then stabalizes .....

Comment

serial # is lf410188l

Comment

Originally posted by 225digger View Post
        i should mention , it welds DC fine but has that issue with it not starting the arc right away .... best way to describe it ... it zaps for a few seconds then stabalizes .....
        Not that this has anything to do with your AC issues, but have you checked/gapped the HF points?

Comment

yes they where checked by me before i even replaced the mother board

the sad thing is this machine is 2006 , but was not used until this yr when i got it , i even varified it when i bought it there was no hours on the clock ...... i had around 20-25hrs on the machine in both DC and AC bfore the issues started

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.