Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mm200

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mm200

    So its not 100% yet but it looks like il be getting a mm200 for free from work. They dont want to invest the time and money in it to fix it. It needs a gun (thinking bernard q300) and il have to get a tank (co2). The main reason im posting is its missing a knob for voltage control iirc and then the big problem of it being stuck on the hottest setting. According to the 2 welders at work (im a hobbiest, mostly fab for my jeep) they tried all different settings all the same. Id love to be able to fix it and i figure for home use itl be great. So to sumarize, is the bernard a good gun choice, knob, and the voltage issue.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ZJones1994 View Post
    So its not 100% yet but it looks like il be getting a mm200 for free from work. They dont want to invest the time and money in it to fix it. It needs a gun (thinking bernard q300) and il have to get a tank (co2). The main reason im posting is its missing a knob for voltage control iirc and then the big problem of it being stuck on the hottest setting. According to the 2 welders at work (im a hobbiest, mostly fab for my jeep) they tried all different settings all the same. Id love to be able to fix it and i figure for home use itl be great. So to sumarize, is the bernard a good gun choice, knob, and the voltage issue.
    It's a good machine. You might find the internal parts at http://miller4less.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the Q300 on mine and it's great. Great machine and arguably the best MIG in its class that Miller ever made.

      Pretty simple machine internally. Duaneb55 is invaluable to have around. He has one and is a pro on fixing these machines. Great guy, helped me alot with mine.

      Do you think it's the entire voltage switch that's bad, or just the knob?

      Comment


      • #4
        Seeing how its on one setting regardless of position i would say the whole selecting unit. Also id like to say by no means am i an electrician or even done anything to a machine besides change wire, rollers and the nozel.
        So here is what it looks like il need:
        Selector (i believe someone more experienced please chime in)
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miller-Mille...item35c089ca40
        Gun (do guns come with liners.. noob question)
        http://www.praxairdirect.com/PXItemD...egory_rn=11625
        Then some wire (idk what size yet.. need to do some more research) rent a tank and wire a 220v switch.
        Does anyone have a link to the manual for this?
        Last edited by ZJones1994; 11-26-2012, 08:57 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Without cracking mine open, that switch looks very close and has the 6 positions. You may want to just look inside yours and you may find an easy fix.

          Comment


          • #6
            Its at work now, ( im still in high school) il be there Saturday possibly sooner. Il be sure to take a look and take pics.

            Comment


            • #7
              Jump on that deal asap, i have owned mine since 1986, its still running strong

              Comment


              • #8
                The selector rig is a fairly simple mechanical contraption. Any part of it that is broken could be easily repaired with hardware store items. Go for it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  When you buy a Mig gun, it comes complete with a liner. It may or may not come with consumables. Before buying a gun, find out what brands have easily available consumables.

                  Contact Miller and see if a M-25 from a MM210 will fit. I have a 12' that is lightly used. I'll send it to you if you pay USPS shipping.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cope View Post
                    When you buy a Mig gun, it comes complete with a liner. It may or may not come with consumables. Before buying a gun, find out what brands have easily available consumables.

                    Contact Miller and see if a M-25 from a MM210 will fit. I have a 12' that is lightly used. I'll send it to you if you pay USPS shipping.
                    I really appreciate it! Il call them today or tomorrow. Im going in to work tonight so il take a look at it then, we build chrome plating racks and from looking at the part online i think i could easily fix or make replacement parts for it. The hardest part to find is the knob for the front, when i call miller il ask if they have any or any idea where to get one. Then il get a 220 v wired to the garage (anyone have estimate of cost..?) and pick up a tank of 75/25 and test this baby out . Not bad for a first mig.. especially for free.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ZJones1994 View Post
                      I really appreciate it! Il call them today or tomorrow. Im going in to work tonight so il take a look at it then, we build chrome plating racks and from looking at the part online i think i could easily fix or make replacement parts for it. The hardest part to find is the knob for the front, when i call miller il ask if they have any or any idea where to get one. Then il get a 220 v wired to the garage (anyone have estimate of cost..?) and pick up a tank of 75/25 and test this baby out . Not bad for a first mig.. especially for free.
                      I looked at the online parts list, and the PN wasn't listed for the MM200 gun. The M-25 for my MM210 is PN 169596

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Alright man, Il call today if i have time. I gotta run to work and if their open at 6 il be calling them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a 15 ' M-25 on my MM200, it works great.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cope View Post
                            When you buy a Mig gun, it comes complete with a liner. It may or may not come with consumables. Before buying a gun, find out what brands have easily available consumables.

                            Contact Miller and see if a M-25 from a MM210 will fit. I have a 12' that is lightly used. I'll send it to you if you pay USPS shipping.
                            It will fit.

                            You are a nice guy Cope

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by big mike View Post
                              It will fit.

                              You are a nice guy Cope
                              ZJones1994, PM me your address, and I'll send the gun to you. Don't worry about the S&H, use the money towards a plug.
                              Last edited by cope; 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.