Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mm200

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big mike View Post
    It will fit.

You are a nice guy Cope
    Mike, before I got my MM210, I had a PowCon SM200 with a 10' Tweco gun. A member at Hobart Weld Talk sent me a NIB 12' Bernard or Tregaskiss gun and consumables free. I am just paying it forward.

Comment

So yet another stupid question.. where might i find the replacement plug for it and whats the actual name of it?

Comment

Originally posted by ZJones1994 View Post
        So yet another stupid question.. where might i find the replacement plug for it and whats the actual name of it?
        This is the plug for the power cord. Mind has gone blank, and can't remember the NEMA number.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770024-..._bxgy_hi_img_y

This is the matching wall receptacle.

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-5378-R...ref=pd_cp_hi_1

Comment

Idk why that wasnt obvious to me before.. thanks. Heres a pic of it
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it has got the voltage selector knob on it already. If it is not changing then it likely has a broken roll pin (easy fix) or then nut has come off the back side (easy too). Pull the cover and see what is happening when you turn the knob.

Comment

Ya i found the knob in the weld shop. It was sitting on a shelf lol. When i turn the knob the inner part turns with it. Im going to switch it to the lower setting and see if i notice a difference then.
              Also cope i sent ya my address, and once again thanks so much.

Comment

Ya i found the knob in the weld shop. It was sitting on a shelf lol. When i turn the knob the inner part turns with it. Im going to switch it to the lower setting and see if i notice a difference then.
                Also cope i sent ya my address, and once again thanks so much.
                Package is wrapped and labelled. I sent you a PM with the confirmation number.
                Last edited by cope; 11-29-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

That machine has a lot of poop, if you want to run it hard an 8 wire I believe, 50A breaker, if your demand is modest it could run from a 10.

Comment

Well i just found this out today, i cant wire in a 50a 220 due to the fact its a rental. The dryer is right inside the door so il be making a cord for it following an online guide. Also if i get ambitious i might paint it with some ppg paint and clear it. Iirc miller still makes the decals. Also a pic of internals, thoughts?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well i just found this out today, i cant wire in a 50a 220 due to the fact its a rental. The dryer is right inside the door so il be making a cord for it following an online guide. Also if i get ambitious i might paint it with some ppg paint and clear it. Iirc miller still makes the decals. Also a pic of internals, thoughts?
                      Check for the other current MM200 thread. IIRC, the owner had to have decals made for his machine.

When you get the plug to match your dryer receptacle, it will have a wiring diagram. Usually black and white to line, and green to neutral.
                      Last edited by cope; 11-30-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cope View Post
                        Check for the other current MM200 thread. IIRC, the owner had to have decals made for his machine.

When you get the plug to match your dryer receptacle, it will have a wiring diagram. Usually black and white to line, and green to ground.
                        Should be pretty simple, I worked with a contractor for a year so hopefully i didnt forget everything when i moved to a metal shop haha
                        So hopefully last question, this one not so dumb haha. Since il be running it off a 30a breaker should i set the voltage input to 200 or 230? (I have the 200v/230v not 230, 460). Or is that for something completely different..? Il be welding mostly 3/16 and every once in a while 1/4 inch.
                        Last edited by ZJones1994; 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Should be pretty simple, I worked with a contractor for a year so hopefully i didnt forget everything when i moved to a metal shop haha
                          So hopefully last question, this one not so dumb haha. Since il be running it off a 30a breaker should i set the voltage input to 200 or 230? (I have the 200v/230v not 230, 460). Or is that for something completely different..? Il be welding mostly 3/16 and every once in a while 1/4 inch.
                          Set voltage for 230 volts.

Comment

Cope-The gun came in yesterday, it looks amazing and il be able to test it this week i spent all day doing plug welds at work with a 250 on its last leg haha

Comment

Cope-The gun came in yesterday, it looks amazing and il be able to test it this week i spent all day doing plug welds at work with a 250 on its last leg haha
                              Zach, if the electrical wire won't plug in directly, you can cut the Cannon connector off and use whatever it takes. There is no polarity on the leads. Someone at the shop should be able to help you if you can't figure it out from the manual.

Comment

So i got it home, working on fixing it and i cant get the voltage range plug to come out. (On the face of machine) any advice

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.