No announcement yet.

Dynasty 200 dx purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't buy the water cooled tig runner package.

I had one and, although it's nice and compact, the Coolmate 1 is a very noisy graphite piston pump that is reported to have reliability issues. It's very loud and annoying, much more so than the Coolmate 3 I ave now. It's also a 120 volt unit, so you gotta run 2 separate powers for the unit.

The water cooled 20 series torch is really nice, small and maneuverable. I feel it's made it much easier to learn tig to me.

You can pickup any of the torches on eBay slightly used. A cooler can be made easily or purchased for less than the Coolnate 1 package.

Get the biggest argon bottle you can afford and transport. Argon refills are cheaper at larger volumes, alot cheaper.

And THANK YOU for your service to our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Drf255 View Post
      I wouldn't buy the water cooled tig runner package.

I had one and, although it's nice and compact, the Coolmate 1 is a very noisy graphite piston pump that is reported to have reliability issues. It's very loud and annoying, much more so than the Coolmate 3 I ave now. It's also a 120 volt unit, so you gotta run 2 separate powers for the unit.

The water cooled 20 series torch is really nice, small and maneuverable. I feel it's made it much easier to learn tig to me.

You can pickup any of the torches on eBay slightly used. A cooler can be made easily or purchased for less than the Coolnate 1 package.

Get the biggest argon bottle you can afford and transport. Argon refills are cheaper at larger volumes, alot cheaper.

And THANK YOU for your service to our country.

Thanks for your reply and especially your last remark, rarely hear anyone thank a Vet. I was in Special Forces and no it was not fun!

God Bless
      John

Comment

Working...
      X