Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

battery. dies every couple of weeks?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery. dies every couple of weeks?

The battery on my bobcat 225nt dies. What could it be. ive checked the cables. Their tight. What's the voltage need to be while running? 14v?

Load test your battery with a carbon pile. Put an ammeter, dc clamp-on, type to verify that your battery is being charged and check with the same ammeter that the battery is not being discharged in the off condition . Proceed from there.
    Meltedmetal
    Last edited by Meltedmetal; 11-21-2012, 05:50 PM. Reason: dyslexia

Comment

That or your oil pressure switch is defective and keeping the circuit closed, thus draining your battery

Comment

I got one draining, hadnt thought of that.

Comment

Newer battery. But I'll. Check it.

Comment

Is there a way to trouble shoot the pressure switch. Where's it located?

Comment

Under the left side engine shroud, kinda under the coil

Comment

Not having gone out and looked at mine (too cold) I would guess just disconnect the wires and use the continuity test on a multimeter and check for continuity if you do it is stuck on, if not its okay. That is just a guess, but that is the first thing I would try.

Comment

Ok thanks for the idea I'll try. That. I just been busy I get to it later or tomorrow. Thsnks.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    That or your oil pressure switch is defective and keeping the circuit closed, thus draining your battery
                    Short-cut from the voice of experience. I'm guessing that this is a common failure (Judging from the line-up with similar complaints.) and the suggestion is to swap it out. It's about 35$ for the kit at miller4less. If you really want to be sure that was it, check before and after for current drain when in the off position. Meltedmetal

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.