Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

why even build a 20% duty cycle machine?!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why even build a 20% duty cycle machine?!

I used a snap on 110v mig welder the other day and i gotta say it blew my millermatic 180 out of the water. I used to think snap on just picked the cheapest welder they could find and slap their name on it... but thats not the case at all. It had a 100% duty cycle at max amperage and welded really nice for a 110v welder. Plus it was pretty cool that the feeder was detachable.

100% Duty Cycle @ what amperage ?
    I've never seen any mig welder with 100% duty cycle !

..........Norm

Comment

What?... dude u have never seen a mig welder then. U look at the bigger industrial machines and they definetly have 100%. And yes the little 140 or 150 amp snap on is 100% at max amps. That is usually not the case with the smaller machines so thats pretty much the reason of starting this thread

Comment

Delta weld 652 for example

Comment

And not only that but the snap on came with an actual ground clamp.... not a piece of tin made to look like a ground clamp.

Comment

Post up a link to the specs on this wonderful machine

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner:296562
              I dont know what model it was.... used it for bout 20 minutes. I think it was a mm140. It was 120v and also is a pulse machine.

Comment

With the price tag they've got they should be 100% duty cycle and come with an operator.

Comment

Is it this one?
                  http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding:296564
                    Originally posted by c wagner:296562
                    I dont know what model it was.... used it for bout 20 minutes. I think it was a mm140. It was 120v and also is a pulse machine.
                    You obviously have internet access... so google snap on mm140. I know it was 100% dc because i looked at the specifications on the machine right after i used it. I was in awe when i seen it so i just figured i would share.

Comment

Originally posted by Dipsomaniac:296566
                      No. But it looks close

Comment

...Or is it this one?
                        http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding:296568
                          Originally posted by Dipsomaniac:296566
                          No. But it looks close
                          i found it on that page but i cant post it on here from phone. Its called muscle mig 140. And it says 100% DUTY CYCLE @ 140 amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy:296565
                            With the price tag they've got they should be 100% duty cycle and come with an operator.
                            3 times the price of a 120v miller. 10 times the welder. Go figure

Comment

I usually wouldnt post something on this forum if i didnt know the facts. This is a perfect example of why. Thanks for viewing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.