Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Econotig not forming welding puddle in TIG mode

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Econotig not forming welding puddle in TIG mode

I recently acquired an Econotig 60hz 150amp, and I am having some issues with the TIG function. The Stick function throws a great arc, and I can burn through pretty thick metal on high. Not that I would want to... But when using the same connection in TIG mode, I am only getting enough heat in the arc to melt filler metal. A puddle won't form on 20 gauge Aluminum or Steel. The pedal control I am using is older and it seems loose, but when looking inside of it I don't see anything that appears bad. The inside of the welder doesn't appear to have any problems I can spot visually either. Could this be a pedal control issue, bad pedal or rheostat, or does it sound like something that warrants a repair shop like the control board? Any suggestions or experiences with this problem would be much appreciated.

Do you know anyone with a foot pedal that can let you borrow it. It sounds like you need to take the easy step first. It is a lot cheaper then guessing it is or isn't.

Comment

What do you have the panel amperage control set at?

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.