Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding School in Idaho

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding School in Idaho

I just wanted to pass on this information about a great School!

After moving to Idaho from California(retired) found a great school at the College of Western Idaho in Nampa ID.
    It is a brand new facility with state of the art equipment. All stations have Dynasty 200 machines, along with Xmt 350 machines. They have a pipe works 400, and some Lincoln 350 machines.

They have a two year program, a 16 month program, and the course I'm taking an 8 week course that will focus on either Stick, Mig, Flux Core, or Stick. I will most likely take at least the Stick, Tig,and Mig. This 8 week course is $450.
    During the two year course the first year is spent on welding, and the second year is spent on fabricating.
    The fabrication shop is awesome. It includes a 1/2 inch shear, Ellis bandsaws, Baileigh notcher and benders, an Eagle CP-40 Roll Bender, Hypertherm 130 Plasma with a huge Plasma table with CAD, Lathes, mills, and just about every piece of fabrication equipment you could want.

I have not seen a school so well equipped before in my life!
    The instructors seem well educated after the little time I observed them dealing with students.
    I am registering for the class starting in January, I will update once I have the hands on in the class, but this far I am very impressed and if you are looking for an affordable class that also offers AWS certification, I would check out the College of Western Idaho.
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.