Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruizer,question on welding cable size

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruizer,question on welding cable size

Cruizer,I want to replace my old welding leads with new. I have 2/0 leads now,but they are spliced in about 4 places,and I heard when welding in pipe mode,splices are not good with the chopper technology. I have a Vantage 300 with the Kubota engine. I want to have about 250 foot in total length,will 1/0 be OK or should I stick with 2/0. The maximum amperage I run now is 200 amps and that is rare. Most of the time it is between 100 and 160 amps. Thanks for any input.

Here is a amp chart for welding lead

amp chart

Comment

2/0 in an exelene is what I've been putting on the rigs. Looking at around the $2.75 Cad mark./ Foot.

Comment

Reason why I am asking is I have 4 portable welders and they are all different when it comes to cable recommendations in regards to amperage and footage.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.