Welder covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welder covers

Looks like my service truck at work is getting a new welder from the year end budget. Are the factory covers usable while running around with the truck or more for just when parked? I mostly would like something to keep the grit of gravel roads out. Any suggestions?

Factory coves are usually heavy treated canvas and yes they work great buy one.

Comment

cover

Had two factory Miller covers for my trailblazer. Both lasted 60 days and came apart at the seems . Won't buy another one till some changes to much money for no longer than mine lasted
      ARMOR
      MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
      Trailblazer 302
      X-TREME 12VS
      Spoolmatic 30A
      Millermatic 135
      WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
      Smith oxy set.

Comment

You should contact your Miller rep and complain. I have put Miller covers on the Trailblazers of every svc. veh in our County Road Depts. fleet. All 12 have held up well.

Comment

Look in the Yellow Pages for a local tent and awning company. Spec out what you want the covers made out of, stitching, etc. and you'll pay less than the factory Miller covers.
          http://www.sheridantent.com/
          Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
          Miller DialArc 250
          Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
          Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
          Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
          Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
          South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
          Logan 7" shaper
          Ellis 3000 band saw
          Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
          Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
          3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
          Lots of dust bunnies
          Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Comment

I was thinking of the custom cover idea also. Having thoughts of a lightweight airbag type material. It wouldn't soak water like canvas, an be easy to take on and off. I mostly need dust and grit control, the truck lives inside when not being used.

Don't know if I should admit this, but the welder will probably be red, not blue. But I'm not the one cutting the check.

Comment

Working...
            X