Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welder covers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welder covers

Looks like my service truck at work is getting a new welder from the year end budget. Are the factory covers usable while running around with the truck or more for just when parked? I mostly would like something to keep the grit of gravel roads out. Any suggestions?

Factory coves are usually heavy treated canvas and yes they work great buy one.

Comment

cover

Had two factory Miller covers for my trailblazer. Both lasted 60 days and came apart at the seems . Won't buy another one till some changes to much money for no longer than mine lasted

Comment

You should contact your Miller rep and complain. I have put Miller covers on the Trailblazers of every svc. veh in our County Road Depts. fleet. All 12 have held up well.

Comment

Look in the Yellow Pages for a local tent and awning company. Spec out what you want the covers made out of, stitching, etc. and you'll pay less than the factory Miller covers.
          http://www.sheridantent.com/

Comment

I was thinking of the custom cover idea also. Having thoughts of a lightweight airbag type material. It wouldn't soak water like canvas, an be easy to take on and off. I mostly need dust and grit control, the truck lives inside when not being used.

Don't know if I should admit this, but the welder will probably be red, not blue. But I'm not the one cutting the check.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.