Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MillerMatic 200 + SpoolMate 100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MillerMatic 200 + SpoolMate 100

    Have use this gun frequently, with a 211...but never with steel wire (NOT flux-core), always with aluminum.

    Will this gun run steel wire with the 200?

    And can I use ARGON...instead of CO2, since I have Argon in abundance?

  • #2
    Steel works fine with any spoolgun, though if your a welder, you should know better on the Argon issue

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by buzz254 View Post
      Have use this gun frequently, with a 211...but never with steel wire (NOT flux-core), always with aluminum.

      Will this gun run steel wire with the 200?

      And can I use ARGON...instead of CO2, since I have Argon in abundance?
      I assume you mean Argon Mix ( 75-25 ) Not straight Argon !
      Pure Argon is for welding aluminum !

      ...........Norm
      sigpic
      Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

      - Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

      - LN-25 Wire Feeder

      - Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:



      - Lincoln Power Mig 180C
      - Spoolgun.
      - DeWalt Chop Saw .
      - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

      www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the bigger question is how are you going to run the Spoolmate 100 on a MM200. Just my thoughts...Bob
        Bob Wright

        Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

        Comment


        • #5
          About the only way would be coupled to an SGA 100 with a modified control cable plug to fit the MM200 4 or 14-pin spoolgun control receptacle depending on its generation.
          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL
          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

          Comment


          • #6
            will the spoolmate 100 direct conect to my millermatic 200 serial number JF946510

            Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
            I think the bigger question is how are you going to run the Spoolmate 100 on a MM200. Just my thoughts...Bob
            my millermatic has a four pin spot for a spoolgun

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mitchcv View Post
              my millermatic has a four pin spot for a spoolgun
              Correct but not all Spoolguns work on all machines, you have to have the correct spoolgun
              Ed Conley
              http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
              MM252
              MM211
              Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
              TA185
              Miller 125c Plasma 120v
              O/A set
              SO 2020 Bender
              You can call me Bacchus

              Comment

              Working...
              X