No announcement yet.

DIALARC HF Questions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIALARC HF Questions

I found a great deal on a DIALARC HF, but before going to buy, I have a few questions:

1. This is for home use and I have a 30A 240V outlet in my garage, I assume this unit will run on that up to a point, any idea how thick I could go in steel or AL before tripping the breaker? Or will it not run at all?

2. Any idea what it weighs?

don't have a SN, but it is a HF-P with the white face and the levers on each side if that helps...

30 amps won't get you very far, actually with the "P" powerfactor connected, at idle your drawing 22 amps, disconnected your drawing 6 amps. We usually disconnect it for the garage guys.

Never the less you have a usable 24 amps with pf disconnected. Which, with say even a minor surge will take out your breaker imediately.

Basically its a 90 amps machine, so you'd need at minimum a 100 amp breaker, and #6 cable running to it.

Some guys get away with a slow blow 50 amp breaker, but really thats NOT the way to proceed.

I've been running my Dialarc HF off a 50A breaker for years, with no problems- yet.
        AutoArc 230 (MM 210)
        3035 spoolgun
        Spectrum 625
        Dialarc HF w/Coolmate 4