Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIALARC HF Questions

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIALARC HF Questions

I found a great deal on a DIALARC HF, but before going to buy, I have a few questions:

1. This is for home use and I have a 30A 240V outlet in my garage, I assume this unit will run on that up to a point, any idea how thick I could go in steel or AL before tripping the breaker? Or will it not run at all?

2. Any idea what it weighs?

don't have a SN, but it is a HF-P with the white face and the levers on each side if that helps...

Comment

30 amps won't get you very far, actually with the "P" powerfactor connected, at idle your drawing 22 amps, disconnected your drawing 6 amps. We usually disconnect it for the garage guys.

Never the less you have a usable 24 amps with pf disconnected. Which, with say even a minor surge will take out your breaker imediately.

Basically its a 90 amps machine, so you'd need at minimum a 100 amp breaker, and #6 cable running to it.

Some guys get away with a slow blow 50 amp breaker, but really thats NOT the way to proceed.

Comment

I've been running my Dialarc HF off a 50A breaker for years, with no problems- yet.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.