Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syncrowave 250 problem...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 250 problem...

I have a Syncrowave 250 (ser no. JK596435) water cooled w/ foot pedal and have owned it since mid 80's w/o any problems until a year or so ago, the coolant hose sprung a leak while I was welding. I since then replaced the Power cable/coolant hoses that go to the torch. It seems to have worked for a few weeks but then it started having no arc whether remote "on" or "panel".
    I didn't have much of a time to trouble shoot this problem since I had been diagnosed w/ prostate cancer and had to deal with it...
    I since then moved to Arizona and am now finding time to trouble shoot the problem. I switched to stick the other day just to see if the stick side even works. The stick worked beautifully for about 15min then I turned it off.
    I switched to tig but still no arc. I went back to stick and all of a sudden, as soon as I touch the rod to the metal, it shoots a strong arc that it pokes holes on a 1/8 thk square tubing like it was on a 300 amp setting. I tried adjusting the amperage to 4 and even dropping the arc control to "0" but that didn't change. It still shoots flames/arcs...and still no arc w/ the tig.
    Any help trouble shooting this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.