Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruizer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruizer

Hey Jeff I was just wondering what kind of meter your using to measure hz. I have a clamp on Greenlee 950 (if that helps any). I can only get a hertz reading if I clamp the meter around one wire on a cord I rigged up and plug in my rod oven. I tried plugging the leads into the outlets but don't get a reading that makes sense.

Nope doesn't make sense, Stick the probes into a receptacle, What your wanting is AC frequency.

Comment

I have an Ideal meter that reads Hz, but it goes crazy on a generator that isn't loaded.
      So, I put a cord on a panel mount Freq meter and just plug it in.

Comment

frequency

just a quick refresher please. what is the proper frequency for proper welder rpm for a welder/generator. thanks, i know you have mentioned this before just don't remember what thread.

Comment

62.5 hz small gasser, like Lincoln 305, Miller 302

60.5 - 61 hz for a Lincoln Classic, Vantage, Miller pipepro350

61 - 62 hz for Miller pipepro 304, Pro300

Comment

My poor mans frequency meter method is to use my Kill-a-watt meter.

Drawback is that it only good for 120 VAC.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.