Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

kalamazoo bandsaw ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kalamazoo bandsaw ??

I have an opportunity to pick up a kalamazoo h9aw bandsaw great shape. For $900

Im looking for reviews on this or experiences with this saw.

What little bit i could find is, its usa made and commercial grade possibly late 80's saw. Parts still available.

Thx for anything

Originally posted by Jobpump53 View Post
    I have an opportunity to pick up a kalamazoo h9aw bandsaw great shape. For $900

Im looking for reviews on this or experiences with this saw.

What little bit i could find is, its usa made and commercial grade possibly late 80's saw. Parts still available.

Thx for anything
    I dont know about the bandsaw but I have used other Kalamazoo equipment.
    All were well built.
    I personally have Kalamazoo 6" beltsander and it is excellent.

Griff

Comment

I have one from the early 80's. I bought it used for $500 from a machine shop next to me that went out of business. This saw is built like a tank. It has not let me down in the two years i have owned it. Parts are still available thruogh Clausing and other aftermarkets as well.

Comment

kalamazoo bandsaw ??

CD - how does your saw cut? This saw cuts at a slight angle i would gues approx. 1 degree angle.

I guess my question is- does your cut very accurate and true or is this the nature of horizontals? The seller says its always been this way

Thanks i appreciate the response.

Comment

We have a kalamazoo at our shop and that thing probably has 4,000 hours on it and it works great. They bought it used out of the paper about 15 years ago for $500 there has been many days where I run it 10 hours aday 1/2 wall tube or 3/4" 5by 5" angle with it. It never skips a beat we have the lennox blades work it and I can make about 400 cuts with one before it is dull or breaks. Does this one have the water cooler or any extra blades?

Comment

I have had 2 of those saws. The first was a small saw 8-10" flat bar. I used it from '65 to '89 then it went an other shop in Roseville.

The one I have now, I got used in '89 and it still works great.

The blades can be made to cut straight by the use of the rollers. They are on an ecentric.

The only draw back to the Kalamazoo is it only cuts angles one way. Therefor you have to rotate your iron to matching angles.

Good Luck,
            Bob

Comment

kalamazoo bandsaw ??

I ended up buying it. Its super clean and in great shape. It is liquid cooled with a new pump. It came with 7 blades some of different widths and teeth count ( need to do research on applications)

I paid $900 every thing i researched showed that was mid range on the price. ?.

Comment

I ended up buying it. Its super clean and in great shape. It is liquid cooled with a new pump. It came with 7 blades some of different widths and teeth count ( need to do research on applications)

Used machinery is more expensive out west where it is not as abundant. I think you got a fair deal on a clean machine.

Comment

kalamazoo bandsaw ??

I have noticed that. I have been looking for some time now. This caliber of machine has been hard to come by, thats why i jumped on it while i ha the chance.

I believe the reason it is cutting at an angle is do to it having a 3/4" blade and it requires a 1" blade per manufacturer and the guide rollers. Just order proper blade crossing fingers!

Comment

You got the Kalamazoo for $900? The price is just right. You may want to check the bandsawmanuals.com . You can get free manuals for your Kalamazoo.

Comment

I have a H9AW and it is a really nice saw, traded it for a small railing job. I cut 1/4" x 2" flat bar steel to 20 pc bundles of 1 1/2" sq tubing 1/16" wall stainless steel. As long as I cut at a slow pace, I can cut almost perfectly at 9" wide. You just have to check your guides for accuracy. I just replaced all 8 of my guides for like $40. I have used it as my primary saw for 3 years now and I wouldn't trade it. The only downside is it is a swivel vise, would love if it was swivel head.

Comment

sorry for the delay in posting. I am still dealing with the cleanup from the storm this week. In response to the O.P. yes the saw cuts accurately. a 1 inch blade and correct adjustment of the guides should solve your issues. Send an email to clausing inc. and they will send you a pdf copy of the owners manual for free.

Comment

kalamazoo bandsaw ??

I installed the new 1" blade cuts straight now!

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I beleive once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

I will look on those 2 websites you guys gave me for the manual.

Surf- yes $900. I felt it was a fair price. I had nothing to compare it to but ebay, which is not always a good judge on all things.

Any chance i can get some pictures of you guys bandsaws? The previous owner replaced the pump and routed the hoses differently and also wired a new style switch. I would like to see how it was stock.

Heres my email if you guys are able to dskaggs20@yahoo.com

Thanks again for al the help

Comment

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I believe once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

Try checking this site too http://bandsawblog.com/tuning-a-band-saw-for-re-sawing/ . Hope this would serve as your guide to adjust the guides of the blade.

Comment

setting the guides

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I believe once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

Try checking this site too http://bandsawblog.com/tuning-a-band-saw-for-re-sawing/ . Hope this would serve as your guide to adjust the guides of the blade.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.