Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eww View Post
    Thanks will proceed
    Got unit back from repair shop. Removed all covers, cannot see any physical damage to T1 or any of the wires or componants. When I took unit to shop the switch on the feed handle, when pressed would make the contacts just past the 120 volt source to make contact but quickley release and would do that a couple of times before stopping. The switch when checked at the entry to the front of unit makes connection when pressed. Cannot read any voltage on T1 in or out.

Comment

Well your not going to read any voltage to T1, if CR2 isn't closed.

So when you hit the trigger, and CR1 & CR2 are supposed to close, does the gas come on?

If not its likely that you've lost your Fan motor transformer as its a one piece unit. Fan can work, though independantly from the stepdown transformer, its coupled with.

Comment

T1

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Well your not going to read any voltage to T1, if CR2 isn't closed.

So when you hit the trigger, and CR1 & CR2 are supposed to close, does the gas come on?

If not its likely that you've lost your Fan motor transformer as its a one piece unit. Fan can work, though independantly from the stepdown transformer, its coupled with.
        Is there a site that I can get a schmetic that has the componants identified?

Comment

Owners manual shows you everything you need to know.

Comment

I think the 130 has an overlaod protector protector TP1 at the T1 transformer, if it is faulty fan will run but not weld output.

Here is your sechmatic.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1316f_mil.pdf

Comment

Yep, You'll see a couple of wires together in your t1 transformer with #'s 15 & 6. see if they are closed, if not you could always jumper them out.

Comment

T1

Originally posted by weldbay View Post
                I think the 130 has an overlaod protector protector TP1 at the T1 transformer, if it is faulty fan will run but not weld output.

Here is your sechmatic.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1316f_mil.pdf
                Thanks much, what does the italicized numbers, (1, 2, 3, 5, 15, etc) relate to?

Comment

There are #'s on the wires.

Comment

T1

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    There are #'s on the wires.
                    Machine started working after I removed the blade connector from the overload componant. Looking at the side of machine, the wire at top of the overload componant was removed to check voltage and when I reconnected the lead and pressed the trigger on gun the drive motor started working.

So much for a Authorized Repair facility

Comment

Well thats FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Its tough to t-shoot over the net especially when there is wires off vital components.

But I'm super glad its working again!

Comment

Working...
                      X