Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

T1 Transformer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T1 Transformer

I need a T1 transformer for a miller 130xp (part # 210000) serial # KK276783

Yeah,,,, not happening, Where is the winding broken" Can you see the break?

Comment

You could give Larry Burross (member weldersales) a call to see if he can help out with a NOS or used unit.

Applied Equipment, Inc.
      2515 Cartwright St.
      Dallas, Tx 75212
      214-630-9353 phone
      214-630-9354 fax
      888-630-9353 toll-free
      214-577-9353 cell
      Email: weldersales@airmail.net

Comment

T1 transformer

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Yeah,,,, not happening, Where is the winding broken" Can you see the break?
        A Miller repair service repersentative gave me the information that the T1 Transformer was bad.

Comment

Reallly, that would be EXTREMELY rare, what was the original problem.

Comment

T1 Transformer

Reallly, that would be EXTREMELY rare, what was the original problem.
            Was in the act of welding and wire stoped feeding. Fan runs but no voltage to feed wheel motor.

Comment

Try here,
              http://www.vpartsinc.com/

They sell Miller NOS parts.

Comment

Well, thats possible then, same question applies then, can they see the break. Easy fix if they can.

Comment

T1 Transformer

Well, thats possible then, same question applies then, can they see the break. Easy fix if they can.
                  The welder is in shop 50 miles from my residence. If the break can be seen can the wire coil be soldered. If yes, I can do that and save labor cost.

Comment

Crimping would be best, Never the less, its going to be one of those Not Economical to Repair units.

Comment

T1

Crimping would be best, Never the less, its going to be one of those Not Economical to Repair units.
                      What are the voltage outputs on the T1? What does the wire feed motor require to run?

Comment

I know what your trying to do though a standard transformer won't help, as the feeder runs off arc voltage.

Comment

T1 Transformer

I know what your trying to do though a standard transformer won't help, as the feeder runs off arc voltage.
                          I tried to get on the web site given in the first couple of post on this forum but the site would not allow me access. Where can I purchase, at a reasonable price, a transformer. Also, what voltage test and where can I check to insure the T1 is defective.

Comment

Get your machine back, the break is obviously on the secondary side, so you should be able to see it, and simply repair it.

Comment

T1 Transformer

Get your machine back, the break is obviously on the secondary side, so you should be able to see it, and simply repair it.
                              Thanks will proceed

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.