Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy Scout Welding Badge

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy Scout Welding Badge

Has anyone been involved with any packs pursuing the Boy Scouts Welding badge?

As a former boy scout myself, I am very curious about this new badge after seeing a video on Weldingtipsandtricks.com

My son is working on the welding merit badge. He decided to make video series to help other scouts as he is learning too. The videos present welding info required for the badge through the eyes of a 13 year old. Please check out his videos on my YouTube page at http://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM...IJlbOAPeTw1hxC
    Last edited by ae7mk; 04-07-2013, 08:36 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

Apparently it has become one of the most popular badges since it's release earlier this year. I am working with my grandson's troop to do the badge.
      Last edited by cope; 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working with some now. Just saw that the guide to safe scouting is letting them use limited power tools aslo.

Comment

Wish they would had that when my boys were in scouting ,but better late than never,I remember some years ago that a group of Blacksmiths maybe ABANA lobbied the Scouts about a Blacksmithing Badge but it never happened at that time anyway.

Comment

There is a metal working badge now too. It is oriented toward blacksmith type work. It is great to see both these badges.

Comment

Boy Scout Welding Badge

As metalworkers, we have spent a lot of hours honing our skills, and I feel that these badges are a great way to invest in kids' futures.

I'm going to reach-out to the local scout troops to see how I can help.

It's been A LOT of years since I was a scout, but those were some really memorable times.

Comment

Miller active in the BSA Merit Badge

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...n-at-miller-hq

Here's an article from September regarding the new welding merit badge program being offered by the Boy Scouts of America. We've hosted a few groups in Appleton, also did something with the Scouts at an event in Denver last year with our Road Show truck. This contains a link on how to get involved helping your local scouts.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.