• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pointman
    started a topic Trailblazer 302

Trailblazer 302

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I've been a Journeyman Welder for 10 years now. I have always been a shop welder. I'm now looking to expand my business outside my shop walls. I am looking at portable units now. I have found a really new(52hrs) Trailblazer 302 gas. I was wondering if anyone out there has anything bad to say about these machines. I really don't know much about engine driven welders, so I wanted to hear what you guys have to say about it. What to look for etc.
    Thank you in advance for your time.

• rustymfg@hotmail.com
    replied
    Trailblazer 302

I have a TB302 and love it the only thing I wish from day to say is that I got an air pack would save me needing to compressor I the try l as well when I want to use the plasma great machine!

Leave a comment:

• kvwall
    replied
    I would love a 325 air-pak. I don't use the AC on my 302 but I use the heck out of the compressor.

Leave a comment:

• armor
    replied
    302 tb

Why are they phasing out the 302 anyway? Seems like a great unit to me

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    The 302 Airpack will likely exsist in DC only as well, and the 302D will likely be phased out completely

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    The 302's are being discontinued as of 2013, in favour of the 275 and 325.

Actually I don't think you can even order one now

Leave a comment:

• shortarc
    replied
    Just looked on the Miller product listing and it appears that the TB302 is no longer available.

Can't believe that!!! Guess I better take good care of mine.

Also the new TB325 is only available with a Kohler! Things are going downhill fast. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by shortarc; 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shortarc
    replied
    Originally posted by armor View Post
    Is the new 325 a ac/dc unit I skimmed threw the on line info but don't remember
    From all I read DC only. I really had my hopes up and was going to try to swing one but that ruined it for me.

O well I probably will keep my TB302 it still works perfect and has AC. Don't use AC real often but it is nice when you need it.

Leave a comment:

• armor
    replied
    tb325

Is the new 325 a ac/dc unit I skimmed threw the on line info but don't remember

Leave a comment:

• armor
    replied
    trailblazer

Love mine glad I bought it. I was looking at getting a ranger.but my lws said the miller customer service was by far the best out of the two. Anyway I got the kohler in mine and love it.

Leave a comment:

• weld007
    replied
    Have one and i love it, but there is a new TB325 i would take a look at it before i purchase the TB302.

Leave a comment:

• kvwall
    replied
    I love mine too. But I'd rather have a TB325 Air-Pak if/when they make one. Just for the things it can do at idle.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    1920 - Onan started in business.
    1925 - They purchased 25 model FE engines from Briggs & Stratton.
    1927 - They built a ten light generator.
    1930 - The first engine was built.
    1932 - The first Gen Set was produced.
    During World War II, Onan supplied 85% of the military generators.
    1946 - The Onan Corporation was formed.
    1960s - Studebaker purchased Onan and introduced the J series air-cooled engine.
    1975 - Hawker Siddeley bought 33% of Onan.
    1979 - McGraw Edison bought 67% of Onan from Studebaker.
    1985 - Onan now has 92.3% of the Recreational Vehicle market.
    1986 - Cummins Engine Co begins the acquisition of Onan Corp.
    1992 - Cummins Engine Co completes the acquisition of Onan Corp.
    1997 - Onan closes its Huntsville engine manufacturing plant and sells their tooling and technology to Linamar Corp of Canada.
    1997 - Linamar starts producing Performer and Elite engines for Onan in a new plant in Guelph, Ontario.
    2000 - Onan contracts with Fuji/Robin to manufacture their OHV EH64 Horizintal V-twin engine for Onan for the welder industry.
    2003 - Linamar stops producing Performer engines for Onan and Onan exits the small gasoline engine business.
    2004 - Fuji/Robin stops making Onan branded engines for the welder market and transitions to making Suburu/Robin engines for the welder industry.
    2005 - Linamar stops producing two cylinder Performer engines sold under the Linamar name. 2007 - Onan changes it name and Logo to Cummins Onan
    Last edited by cruizer; 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BD1
    replied
    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    huh, that ONAN was picked up by Subaru, and that Subaru was picked up by Cummins now. Same engine, Same parts....
    Wow, I never heard this before. I thought Subaru was a complete different
    manufacture. When did Miller start with the Subaru ? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• sturugged
    replied
    guess it depends on what kind of work you are looking to do.

I have a TB 302 with the Subaru, i love this machine as well, it is excellent for lots of different stuff, Stick , MIG and TIG on carbon, stainless or aluminum. It also have a strong generator if you need it. With some attachments it can do just about anything you could throw at it. its kinda a swiss army knife type machine. If i was running day in/out id look to a diesel though, probly the pro 300 or 350 pipepro in the blue ones or the Vantage series if you like the red ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X