Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 302

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I've been a Journeyman Welder for 10 years now. I have always been a shop welder. I'm now looking to expand my business outside my shop walls. I am looking at portable units now. I have found a really new(52hrs) Trailblazer 302 gas. I was wondering if anyone out there has anything bad to say about these machines. I really don't know much about engine driven welders, so I wanted to hear what you guys have to say about it. What to look for etc.
    Thank you in advance for your time.

I own one and love it

Comment

Excellent machine. Mine has the Subaru in it. What engine ?? I would stay with Kohler or Subaru. Not sure if the 302 used a Onan , but parts are getting hard to get from what I read for Onan.
      The generator part is awesome. I can run all the necessities in my house with it. Not sure on fuel consumption, but I would say you could figure almost a gallon a hour.

Comment

Originally posted by beamwalker View Post
        I own one and love it
        Same here.
        Trailblazer 302
        Lincoln SP-135-T
        Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
        Smith torch
        Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
          Excellent machine. Mine has the Subaru in it. What engine ?? I would stay with Kohler or Subaru. Not sure if the 302 used a Onan , but parts are getting hard to get from what I read for Onan.
          The generator part is awesome. I can run all the necessities in my house with it. Not sure on fuel consumption, but I would say you could figure almost a gallon a hour.
          huh, that ONAN was picked up by Subaru, and that Subaru was picked up by Cummins now. Same engine, Same parts....

Comment

guess it depends on what kind of work you are looking to do.

I have a TB 302 with the Subaru, i love this machine as well, it is excellent for lots of different stuff, Stick , MIG and TIG on carbon, stainless or aluminum. It also have a strong generator if you need it. With some attachments it can do just about anything you could throw at it. its kinda a swiss army knife type machine. If i was running day in/out id look to a diesel though, probly the pro 300 or 350 pipepro in the blue ones or the Vantage series if you like the red ones.
            I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              huh, that ONAN was picked up by Subaru, and that Subaru was picked up by Cummins now. Same engine, Same parts....
              Wow, I never heard this before. I thought Subaru was a complete different
              manufacture. When did Miller start with the Subaru ? Just curious.

Comment

1920 - Onan started in business.
                1925 - They purchased 25 model FE engines from Briggs & Stratton.
                1927 - They built a ten light generator.
                1930 - The first engine was built.
                1932 - The first Gen Set was produced.
                During World War II, Onan supplied 85% of the military generators.
                1946 - The Onan Corporation was formed.
                1960s - Studebaker purchased Onan and introduced the J series air-cooled engine.
                1975 - Hawker Siddeley bought 33% of Onan.
                1979 - McGraw Edison bought 67% of Onan from Studebaker.
                1985 - Onan now has 92.3% of the Recreational Vehicle market.
                1986 - Cummins Engine Co begins the acquisition of Onan Corp.
                1992 - Cummins Engine Co completes the acquisition of Onan Corp.
                1997 - Onan closes its Huntsville engine manufacturing plant and sells their tooling and technology to Linamar Corp of Canada.
                1997 - Linamar starts producing Performer and Elite engines for Onan in a new plant in Guelph, Ontario.
                2000 - Onan contracts with Fuji/Robin to manufacture their OHV EH64 Horizintal V-twin engine for Onan for the welder industry.
                2003 - Linamar stops producing Performer engines for Onan and Onan exits the small gasoline engine business.
                2004 - Fuji/Robin stops making Onan branded engines for the welder market and transitions to making Suburu/Robin engines for the welder industry.
                2005 - Linamar stops producing two cylinder Performer engines sold under the Linamar name. 2007 - Onan changes it name and Logo to Cummins Onan
                Last edited by cruizer; 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I love mine too. But I'd rather have a TB325 Air-Pak if/when they make one. Just for the things it can do at idle.
                  Lincoln Vantage 400
                  Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™

Miller Dynasty® 350
                  Millermatic 350P Aluminum
                  Millermatic® 252
                  Syncrowave 351
                  Lincoln LN-25 Pro

Multimatic™ 200

XR-Aluma Pro Gun
                  Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
                  Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Comment

Have one and i love it, but there is a new TB325 i would take a look at it before i purchase the TB302.

Comment

trailblazer

Love mine glad I bought it. I was looking at getting a ranger.but my lws said the miller customer service was by far the best out of the two. Anyway I got the kohler in mine and love it.
                      ARMOR
                      MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
                      Trailblazer 302
                      X-TREME 12VS
                      Spoolmatic 30A
                      Millermatic 135
                      WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
                      Smith oxy set.

Comment

tb325

Is the new 325 a ac/dc unit I skimmed threw the on line info but don't remember
                        ARMOR
                        MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
                        Trailblazer 302
                        X-TREME 12VS
                        Spoolmatic 30A
                        Millermatic 135
                        WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
                        Smith oxy set.

Comment

Originally posted by armor View Post
                          Is the new 325 a ac/dc unit I skimmed threw the on line info but don't remember
                          From all I read DC only. I really had my hopes up and was going to try to swing one but that ruined it for me.

O well I probably will keep my TB302 it still works perfect and has AC. Don't use AC real often but it is nice when you need it.
                          Trailblazer 302
                          Lincoln SP-135-T
                          Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
                          Smith torch
                          Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

Just looked on the Miller product listing and it appears that the TB302 is no longer available.

Can't believe that!!! Guess I better take good care of mine.

Also the new TB325 is only available with a Kohler! Things are going downhill fast. Just my opinion.
                            Last edited by shortarc; 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM.
                            Trailblazer 302
                            Lincoln SP-135-T
                            Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
                            Smith torch
                            Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

The 302's are being discontinued as of 2013, in favour of the 275 and 325.

Actually I don't think you can even order one now

Comment

Working...
                              X