Splicing two TIG power cables...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splicing two TIG power cables...

I need a coupling to splice together two one piece tig power cables/hoses. They are model 57Y01R cables for a WP17 family torch. Does anyone know the model number for such a coupler? The nearest LWS is not very local so I would like to call and ask if they have the particular item in stock before driving to the store.

TIA,

Ken

p.s. Yes I know the coupling would be electrically hot during use. A couple layers of heat shrink insulation and perhaps a piece of automotive heater hose for protection will resolve the concern.

Should be this one.
    http://weldingsupply.securesites.net...-430A||1|800||
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
    http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Thanks duaneb55,

That looks exactly like what I need. I found a LOT of similar items in my searching however, all of them were left handed. I will call my not-so-local LWS and see if they have one. Or find a bunch of other stuff I (want but don't really) need from weldingsupply,com to make up for the shipping

Ken

Comment

Well thanks a lot

Not having a National Welders part number and not wanting to try and describe this thing over the phone (and wanting to take a little drive on a nice afternoon)... I went first to Fastenal - they have a small amount of welding stuff, no coupling. I then tried Tractor Supply. Again, some welding stuff. They used to have a Thoroughbred gas display with some fittings. Not any more. So, being 1/3 of the way to the LWS I headed out on the highway.

The rep said he had never heard of splicing two TIG cables together. I showed him the picture of what I needed and we looked around the store. No luck. He figured out the correct part number and the "computer" said he had 5 in stock. However, the computer would not disclose where they were. So I selected some other parts to allow me to re-wire the connection inside my Diversion 165 and attach the CK Worldwide super flex hose and flex-loc torch. That being the goal behind this exercise.

Well to make a long story short, I asked what sort of deal they could make me on a Dynasty 200 DX power source. He called another branch and they had on on display which they wanted to move. They REALLY wanted to move it and I am picking it up Friday morning at a super price.

Anyone want to buy a Diversion 165 complete with foot pedal and cover?

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by taylorkh View Post
          He figured out the correct part number and the "computer" said he had 5 in stock. However, the computer would not disclose where they were
          I would have started pulling the computer's RAM until it gave up the information.

Originally posted by taylorkh View Post
          Anyone want to buy a Diversion 165 complete with foot pedal and cover?
          With a short torch lead or long and do you REALLY want to move it?
          Last edited by duaneb55; 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM.
          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL
          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
          http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Working...
          X