Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splicing two TIG power cables...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splicing two TIG power cables...

I need a coupling to splice together two one piece tig power cables/hoses. They are model 57Y01R cables for a WP17 family torch. Does anyone know the model number for such a coupler? The nearest LWS is not very local so I would like to call and ask if they have the particular item in stock before driving to the store.

TIA,

Ken

p.s. Yes I know the coupling would be electrically hot during use. A couple layers of heat shrink insulation and perhaps a piece of automotive heater hose for protection will resolve the concern.

Should be this one.
    http://weldingsupply.securesites.net...-430A||1|800||

Comment

Thanks duaneb55,

That looks exactly like what I need. I found a LOT of similar items in my searching however, all of them were left handed. I will call my not-so-local LWS and see if they have one. Or find a bunch of other stuff I (want but don't really) need from weldingsupply,com to make up for the shipping

Ken

Comment

Well thanks a lot

Not having a National Welders part number and not wanting to try and describe this thing over the phone (and wanting to take a little drive on a nice afternoon)... I went first to Fastenal - they have a small amount of welding stuff, no coupling. I then tried Tractor Supply. Again, some welding stuff. They used to have a Thoroughbred gas display with some fittings. Not any more. So, being 1/3 of the way to the LWS I headed out on the highway.

The rep said he had never heard of splicing two TIG cables together. I showed him the picture of what I needed and we looked around the store. No luck. He figured out the correct part number and the "computer" said he had 5 in stock. However, the computer would not disclose where they were. So I selected some other parts to allow me to re-wire the connection inside my Diversion 165 and attach the CK Worldwide super flex hose and flex-loc torch. That being the goal behind this exercise.

Well to make a long story short, I asked what sort of deal they could make me on a Dynasty 200 DX power source. He called another branch and they had on on display which they wanted to move. They REALLY wanted to move it and I am picking it up Friday morning at a super price.

Anyone want to buy a Diversion 165 complete with foot pedal and cover?

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by taylorkh View Post
          He figured out the correct part number and the "computer" said he had 5 in stock. However, the computer would not disclose where they were
          I would have started pulling the computer's RAM until it gave up the information.

Originally posted by taylorkh View Post
          Anyone want to buy a Diversion 165 complete with foot pedal and cover?
          With a short torch lead or long and do you REALLY want to move it?
          Last edited by duaneb55; 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.