Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is my "Made in USA" label on my Dynasty700?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Looking at the serial number (tied to a manufacture date) it appears that your machine was made right during the transition period of the labeling. This would not be a drop in quality control, rather, it is entirely possible that the production line was utilizing the remaining labels. As a result there could have been a short period of overlap during the switch. I did check the machines coming down the line today and they do have the labeling showing it was manufactured in Appleton, WI, USA.
    Andrew Pfaller
    Product Manager
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by shovelon View Post
      Thanks Andrew, but there is nothing on the rating label except a warning " Evidence of label tampering voids warranty", with a blank spot underneath.
      Better send it back for warranty service! How can you possibly use it without the label?

      Comment


      • #18
        The "Made in the USA" means different things to different people. No machine is entirely made in the USA, or final costs would be somewhat higher than you would expect.

        It only takes 51% of Actually made in the USA product and 49 % foreign content to be labeled "Made in the USA".

        That said, the 51% originates from other suppliers, who in turn use the 51/49% rule. So who really knows how much of the end product actually comes out of the USA.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Andrew.Pfaller View Post
          Looking at the serial number (tied to a manufacture date) it appears that your machine was made right during the transition period of the labeling. This would not be a drop in quality control, rather, it is entirely possible that the production line was utilizing the remaining labels. As a result there could have been a short period of overlap during the switch. I did check the machines coming down the line today and they do have the labeling showing it was manufactured in Appleton, WI, USA.
          Ok, now that is estabilished that I have one of those "Special" machines, did you guys relocate the country of origin label to make room for the interface card slot?
          Nothing welded, Nothing gained

          Miller Dynasty700DX
          3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
          Miller Dynasty200DX
          ThermalArc 400 GTSW
          MillerMatic350P
          MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
          MKCobraMig260
          Lincoln SP-170T
          Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
          Hypertherm 1250
          Hypertherm 800
          PlasmaCam CNC cutter
          Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
          SiberHegner CNC Mill
          2 ea. Bridgeport
          LeBlond 15" Lathe
          Haberle 18" Cold Saw
          Doringer 14" Cold Saw
          6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by cruizer View Post
            The "Made in the USA" means different things to different people. No machine is entirely made in the USA, or final costs would be somewhat higher than you would expect.

            It only takes 51% of Actually made in the USA product and 49 % foreign content to be labeled "Made in the USA".

            That said, the 51% originates from other suppliers, who in turn use the 51/49% rule. So who really knows how much of the end product actually comes out of the USA.
            My kids were assembled in USA from foreign and domestic components. (She didn't become a citizen until a little later. )
            Miller stuff:
            Dialarc 250 (1974)
            Syncrowave 250 (1992)
            Spot welder (Dayton badged)

            Comment


            • #21
              transition labeling

              Originally posted by shovelon View Post
              Ok, now that is estabilished that I have one of those "Special" machines, did you guys relocate the country of origin label to make room for the interface card slot?
              millers r&d dept. should of made it a priority to find a prominent place for the made in usa label. after all, they are not the president, they should be proud of this country, where they prospered and developed into the tax-paying corporation they are today.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cws612 View Post
                millers r&d dept. should of made it a priority to find a prominent place for the made in usa label. after all, they are not the president, they should be proud of this country, where they prospered and developed into the tax-paying corporation they are today.
                Yes, I agree. I am proud to show that label to my customers.

                I am bit sentimental that way.

                I am hoping they can do something for me.
                Nothing welded, Nothing gained

                Miller Dynasty700DX
                3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                Miller Dynasty200DX
                ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                MillerMatic350P
                MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                MKCobraMig260
                Lincoln SP-170T
                Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                Hypertherm 1250
                Hypertherm 800
                PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                SiberHegner CNC Mill
                2 ea. Bridgeport
                LeBlond 15" Lathe
                Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                Doringer 14" Cold Saw
                6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, I got the supporting documentation. So now to find a sticker or something.
                  Nothing welded, Nothing gained

                  Miller Dynasty700DX
                  3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                  Miller Dynasty200DX
                  ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                  MillerMatic350P
                  MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                  MKCobraMig260
                  Lincoln SP-170T
                  Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                  Hypertherm 1250
                  Hypertherm 800
                  PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                  Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                  SiberHegner CNC Mill
                  2 ea. Bridgeport
                  LeBlond 15" Lathe
                  Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                  Doringer 14" Cold Saw
                  6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    snoepro

                    GM has 2 very large plants in china and what they make in china is sold to the chinese.

                    So ya, they have the same opinion as I do.

                    Go to the gm coorporate site and you will see they have plants all over the world so they don't have to ship the cars, kinda like toyota and honda and did you check the gm plants in Canada?
                    They employ the people that is their target market. That is the RIGHT thing to do.

                    And yes that is all right for the market in all contries.
                    Now Iphone and apple computers, nice product but applle should consider putting plants in all the countries thay market in, little things like are good for the people and the companies.

                    Still my opinion
                    Live Right Have Fun

                    XMT350 CV/CC
                    22A Feeder
                    MM175
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    TB302
                    12vs Extreme
                    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000
                    20" x 40" CNC Mills (2)
                    16" x 60" engine lathe
                    65 Ton edwards iron worker
                    3/16' x 24" power slip roll
                    16' power feed mitering bandsaw
                    and other fun toys

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      the new Miller CST 280, I just bought, doesn't say "Made In USA" it says "Assembled In The USA". I guess its the wave of the future.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My 350P has a great big, red white and blue "Made in U.S.A." sticker on both sides.
                        Actually thought about ordering some just for stuff I made

                        www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

                        Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                        Miller WC-115-A
                        Miller Spectrum 300
                        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          My "made in USA" lable says printed in china
                          Nick
                          Miller 252 Mig
                          Miller Cricket XL
                          Millermatic 150 Mig
                          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                          2-O/A outfits
                          Jet Lathe and Mill
                          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                          Propane Forge
                          60" X 60" router/plasma table

                          www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            My brand new dynasty 200dx says "assembled in USA"? What's up with that? Does thermal arc just send them their Chinese parts , add some waveforms, then miller puts it together , paints it blue and charges 2X ??!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by beazy125 View Post
                              My brand new dynasty 200dx says "assembled in USA"? What's up with that? Does thermal arc just send them their Chinese parts , add some waveforms, then miller puts it together , paints it blue and charges 2X ??!
                              Oh, SNAP!!!!
                              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

                              Miller Dynasty700DX
                              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                              Miller Dynasty200DX
                              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                              MillerMatic350P
                              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                              MKCobraMig260
                              Lincoln SP-170T
                              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                              Hypertherm 1250
                              Hypertherm 800
                              PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                              Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                              SiberHegner CNC Mill
                              2 ea. Bridgeport
                              LeBlond 15" Lathe
                              Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                              Doringer 14" Cold Saw
                              6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yes! I got me some labels now.

                                Nothing welded, Nothing gained

                                Miller Dynasty700DX
                                3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                                Miller Dynasty200DX
                                ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                                MillerMatic350P
                                MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                                MKCobraMig260
                                Lincoln SP-170T
                                Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                                Hypertherm 1250
                                Hypertherm 800
                                PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                                Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                                SiberHegner CNC Mill
                                2 ea. Bridgeport
                                LeBlond 15" Lathe
                                Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                                Doringer 14" Cold Saw
                                6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X