Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is my "Made in USA" label on my Dynasty700?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my "Made in USA" label on my Dynasty700?

Am I blind? It is not on the faceplate like all my other Dynastys. Is it somewhere else or did they just forget to imprint it on? Usually it is on the upper left hand corner above the readouts.

Not the biggest deal in the world, but for the money I paid for the 700, I hope that quality control could be a little better.

Uh oh! Maybe it wasn't made in USA. I was happy to see "Made in USA" on my Zippo lighter yesterday.

Comment

Well, on the similar model of Everlast machines it's located on the.....oh... wait, never mind, must've been thinking of something else.

Comment

Apples and oranges but the Maxstar I looked at it was on the spec sticker on the bottom of the case.May be on the spec tag on the back on the 700.

Comment

Maybe you should have gotten two Syncrowaves.

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
          Not the biggest deal in the world, but for the money I paid for the 700, I hope that quality control could be a little better.
          Not that it's any of my business, but just to be clear, are you considering the lack of a "Made in USA" sticker to be a "quality control issue" ... or does it have issues that have to do with the function of the welder?
          Last edited by Helios; 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Sell it where you make it.

It has to do with:
            If you sell to the USA then it should be made in the USA.

If you make it in china, sell it to china, etc, etc, etc.

What I make in the USA, I sell to companies and people in the USA.
            I try to purchase my tools and equipment, and cars from companies that make it here in the USA.

One of my gripes with a world economy

and it is just my opinion.

Comment

The only shop machine I have that says it is my 350P
              Not any Dynasty or cooler.

Comment

I try to buy the best product for the money. That helps me do better work and it helps the economy by supporting competitive innovation (new and better products).

I would definitely prefer to buy from my American neighbor as that would mean we Americans made the best product but I won't buy "crap" from my neighbor just because he's my neighbor.

I buy Miller because I think they make the best product and I'm glad they're an American company (at least I hope they are. It's pretty hard to tell these days.)

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                  Maybe you should have gotten two Syncrowaves.

Not that it's any of my business, but just to be clear, are you considering the lack of a "Made in USA" sticker to be a "quality control issue" ... or does it have issues that have to do with the function of the welder?
                  HaHa! I am done with tranny tigs.

The quality control issue is that they forgot to print it on my faceplate, where it should be.

Like I said it is not a huge issue but I did call my LWS. The sales guy crawled all around it in disbelief. He is gonna find out if that is covered under warranty. I mean is it not prudent to have country of origin marked on it where you can see it?

Jeez, I got 4 other Dynastys and they all have it printed on the face. I want a matching set.

Comment

Originally posted by 1havnfun View Post
                    It has to do with:
                    If you sell to the USA then it should be made in the USA.

If you make it in china, sell it to china, etc, etc, etc.

What I make in the USA, I sell to companies and people in the USA.
                    I try to purchase my tools and equipment, and cars from companies that make it here in the USA.

One of my gripes with a world economy

and it is just my opinion.
                    Pretty ridiculous opinion you have. General motors sold a large portion of their autos they made last year to...China. I guess they should stop doing that and cut auto production and lay some folks off. That will really help the US economy.

Comment

Yeah, and I'll bet ya those cars sold in China were made in China from Chinese materials, by Chinese labor, and on Chinese tooling. The only thing exported from the US to China was the technology... How does that help the US economy? Profits coming to the US? Don't bet on it.

GM makes 7 out of 10 vehicles outside the US. Speech by GM CEO in China.
                      www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
                        Am I blind? It is not on the faceplate like all my other Dynastys. Is it somewhere else or did they just forget to imprint it on? Usually it is on the upper left hand corner above the readouts.

If you have a newer Dynasty 700 the labeling has changed. The text denoting the place of manufacture has recently moved to the rating card on the right portion of the machine face.

I can assure you that the machine is still manufactured in the USA (Appleton, WI)! I have to walk by that production line every day on the way to my office.

Comment

I agree with a couple of guys here, if you realy look at it you never see a asian person driving a chevy or a ford they buy there own which is ok. I should be able to buy american

Comment

Maybe you don't see Asians driving a Chevy or a Ford but can you blame them? It gets harder and harder every year to justify buying from one of the big three. American made Toyotas and Hondas, built in America by Americans last longer on average, are more efficient and have better resale value than a Dodge or a Ford and many times the initial price is lower too. Not exactly a good incentive to buy American when you're from across the ocean and have no interest in preserving foriegn (American) economic interests.

You do see a lot of Harley Davidsons in Japan, Hong Kong and many other parts of Asia. Being ridden by Asians. You also see American made Fender and Gibson guitars all over Asia, including China. What you see that is American in Asia are the iconic products of the 50's and 60's and modern versions of those same products. They seem to be fascinated with that part of American history.

No country is an (economic) island. No country can thrive without importing and exporting. Protectionist trade practices only harm a nation. There is no benefit in the long run. To advocate protectionism is to be short sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew.Pfaller View Post
                              If you have a newer Dynasty 700 the labeling has changed. The text denoting the place of manufacture has recently moved to the rating card on the right portion of the machine face.

I can assure you that the machine is still manufactured in the USA (Appleton, WI)! I have to walk by that production line every day on the way to my office.
                              Thanks Andrew, but there is nothing on the rating label except a warning " Evidence of label tampering voids warranty", with a blank spot underneath.

The Serial # is MC170235L. Could there have been a bad batch of labels?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.