Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading welders, help me be fair.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading welders, help me be fair.

I currently own a Millermatic 150. I just use it for light Automotive work, as I am building a hot rod. One downside I have is it is 220v, so I have to rig up power when I need to use it (rental house). A buddy of mine has a Miller Sidekick, 110v. He would like to have a more durable welder like mine, so he is offering a trade plus cash. What would be a fair deal? Both are in good shape, and include a bottle filled with gas. I know mine is 220v, 4 voltage settings, adjustable wire feed, and can accept 3 different sizes of wire. His is 110v, 4 voltage setting, adjustable wire feed , but can only accept one wire size: .023. From what he tells me, his welder should be capable of doing all of the work I would ever need to do my car, so I just need to make sure I don't get ripped off (or rip him off) doing a trade. How much cash should I ask for?

Thanks for all input,
    Rob

First I would run his machine on your type of project so YOU can decide if it will do what you want.

I imagine it will work for sheet metal but it would suck if you traded and it didn't work to your liking.

Probably $100.00 in extra cash.

Comment

Too many variables. The side kick while a good machine is rather old, and parts are well, non exsistant should it breakdown. Realisticly, I'd be looking for another 110 Vac machine perferably somewhat newer even a 211 on 110 vac would be way better unless cash is tight

Comment

I always search ebay and craigslist for prices on both items involved in the trade. Find out what they both go for then go from there.

I agree the 211 is a fine 110/220 machine for your needs and more.

Comment

I don't know. $100 does not seam like enough. I'm sure my welder is much more powerfull, therefore should demand a higher price tag. I tried the E-Bay idea, and saw my Millermatic 150 go for $700 and $998, but I found nothing on the Miller Sidekick.

Comment

Originally posted by R.O.B. View Post
            I don't know. $100 does not seam like enough. I'm sure my welder is much more powerfull, therefore should demand a higher price tag. I tried the E-Bay idea, and saw my Millermatic 150 go for $700 and $998, but I found nothing on the Miller Sidekick.
            Those people over paid! Holy Chit.

I would put your machine on ebay and try to get 700.00-$998.00 and then go buy a HH210 MVP @ Northern Tool for $849.00

Comment

Originally posted by R.O.B. View Post
              You need to go on ebay and click on "completed items" and then see what things "go" for!
              Asking and getting are 2 different things.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.