Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailblazer Cover Needed?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer Cover Needed?

I've got my TB302 mounted in the back of my truck. It doesn't get covered parking.

Is the welder going to be ok when it starts raining? Or do I need to cover it to keep water off?

Thanks.

I'd say yes but that's just me. I see you're from Tracy. I'm from Stockton.
    Last edited by RCASPY85; 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Mine has been truck nounted for the last four years,and never had a problem. The only time i cover it is during,and after snowstorms. The amount of salt that is used on the roads is what concerns me.

Comment

$375 + Shpping full working cover, ie, you don't have to remove it to use the welder.

Comment

cover

Can you send me a pic.of one that's sounds like what I have been looking for

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
            $375 + Shpping full working cover, ie, you don't have to remove it to use the welder.
            Nice. I'll look for that one.

I did email Miller and they said the Trailblazer is designed to withstand the weather. But I'll get one anyway just to keep'er looking new.

Comment

I'll need a TB to stick it on, though they go out just as fast as they come in.

Comment

TB Cover

Cruizer, please post a photo of the cover. I might want one.

Comment

not trying to steal anybodys thunder....

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...t=welder+cover

Check out the #18 posting, some pics of the covers , Best to check with the man to see if anything has changed on them, They are the cats meow!
                  P.S. Cruizer is the man!

Comment

The exhaust cut out was kinda squrrelly, thats been changed

Comment

Is there one specifically with the air-pak cut out?

Comment

Can not run this horse with any cover

Is there one specifically with the air-pak cut out?[/QUOTE]

When not in use and cool, cover it.

Miller sells a cover for $140.

Just Jim

Comment

There is just not enough airpacks around to justify making a cover for one, as for Miller covers, giver. You have to remove it when the machine is in use, and its not insulated. At -30 thats all I want to do is get up on my rig and remove the snow, remove the now hard Miller cover, then hope to heck that it starts. End of shft, brush the snow snd moisture off the machine, and close it up with that cover. And hope that it doesn't freeze to the machine for the next day.

With a 50 wt pan heater under the engine (on a TB, and other) plus an insulated cover, that engine and generator is warm. Open the front flap and start it up. Weld away, end of shift, close the front flap, go home.
                          Last edited by cruizer; 10-10-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

love to run one about 27-28 volts all day

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.