cutting problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting problems

I'm having problems cutting with my torch. I'm cutting 16 guage sheet metal. As I'm cutting, the material is melting back onto the cut as I move along the cutting line. I've tried lowering the gas and or oxygen and keep getting the same results. When I cut thicker metal I don't see this problem is 16 guage material just too thin for a torch? Should I just use a cutting wheel on a grinder? Any help is appreciated.

cutting problems

It's too thin or your moving too slow. Try turning the torch into the direction and cut it quickly. Good luck.

Comment

it takes practice, try laying the torch almost flat, move quick and keep feathering the oxy lever, watch where you cut, while laying the torch flat you can cut quite a distance if not paying attention

Comment

I had this problem the other day. You have to tilt in the direction of travel. What I found works for me too is if you turn up your oxygen it gives just a little more umph to push the metal away and keep it out of the kerf.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottis1 View Post
          It's too thin or your moving too slow. Try turning the torch into the direction and cut it quickly. Good luck.
          +1
          Point into the cut and increase your travel speed.

Comment

Working...
          X