Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Thunderbolt XL

All,

Quick question - I don't know anything so please keep this in mind - it may be a simple as 'it says it on the cover'.

I'm looking at a couple miller thunderbolt XL units on CL. How do you tell the diff. between an AC only unit and an AC / DC unit? would there be say a "300/150" type demarcation on the cover or....say it...or an extra knob etc? For example - this poor picture posted attached....no info on it outside of the dusty picture....
    Attached Files
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

The face of the AC version says 225 amps where the AC/DC version says 225/150amps also the range selector is different.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M16000

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M16100

Comment

The picture you posted is an AC only unit with a two position selector switch and a 225 amp rating. The AC/DC units will look the same but have a four position selector switch and a 225/160 amp rating.

Don't waste much money on an AC only machine!

Comment

Originally posted by ihctractor View Post
        The picture you posted is an AC only unit with a two position selector switch and a 225 amp rating. The AC/DC units will look the same but have a four position selector switch and a 225/160 amp rating.

Don't waste much money on an AC only machine!
        The face of the AC version says 225 amps where the AC/DC version says 225/150amps also the range selector is different
        Thanks all - this is exactly what I needed to know but wasn't quite clicking on when looking at the miller pictures....appreciate it!
        Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
        Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Comment

not too sure about the new ones but my 15 year old rig shows a chart for heat ranges for both ac and dc rods

Comment

Working...
          X