Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

another old Airco needs ID

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another old Airco needs ID

Hi, My first post here. I have an Airco with a Kohler motor. It all worked last time I used it but when I fired up the motor recently I got no output. I plugged in a trouble light which lit and then died much like a capacitor discharging. Now it won't do that and I read 10V AC at the generator outlet. The only number I can find on the welder is W537125 and I saw somewhere it might be a style W1. I checked the brushes and cleaned the tarnish off the slip ring so far.

I have attached a couple of pics to help ID it. I would appreciate suggestions of what to check or help getting a manual for it.

Thanks, Joseph

Name:  9e69633204b7799d012bb3efc69414d0.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  e9144f31d355e23fd18ff30a1d5a1779.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  62.5 KB

Looks like my Roughneck.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o419f_mil.pdf

From Millers cross reference list
    Airco Miller
    1.8ADG-AMEL-A ROUGHNECK
    1.8ADG-AMPL-A ROUGHNECK
    Last edited by big mike; 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=big mike;294061]Looks like my Roughneck.

Sure does look like it. On mine the throttle arrangement doesn't have the labels for Power & Weld and some of the internal electronics look different. I think I might have an older model than the manual shows. Thanks, I'll do some more investigation on the roughneck line but the manual you have helps a lot.

Joseph

Comment

Hi Joseph, hopefully this link can help you out with the manual instructions http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o340d_mil.pdf. It contains a detailed description of every component and the problem with their causes that can disrupt their normal functioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Murfee View Post
          Hi Joseph, hopefully this link can help you out with the manual instructions http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o340d_mil.pdf. It contains a detailed description of every component and the problem with their causes that can disrupt their normal functioning.
          I just checked back after all this time. Thanks for the URL.

Joseph

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.