Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passive lens. Opinions?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Passive lens. Opinions?

    I just bought a Miller Titanium series passive helmet. I thought it was awesome that it only cost $35, but then I thought compared to everything else it was extremely cheap. This got me concerned about quality. Is this helmet just cheap in price or cheap in build?

  • #2
    Originally posted by 7018fiend View Post
    I just bought a Miller Titanium series passive helmet. I thought it was awesome that it only cost $35, but then I thought compared to everything else it was extremely cheap. This got me concerned about quality. Is this helmet just cheap in price or cheap in build?
    Titanium passive hood Has the same shell as the $300 Elite hoods.

    Comment


    • #3
      What the heck is a "passive lens"?

      Is that what we used to call a "welding shield lens"?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Helios View Post
        What the heck is a "passive lens"?

        Is that what we used to call a "welding shield lens"?
        Oh, that is an AC-DC lens. It goes either way :-/

        Comment


        • #5
          Passive as in not an auto darkening lens....

          I think it is really good for the money. As mentioned it is the same shell and head gear as the high dollar A/D helmets. If you ever want to upgrade to a auto darkening helmet in the future all you have to do is purchase the lens pack and place it in that hood. Just make sure you are sitting when you check on the price of the A/D lens pack. Lets just say you could probably buy a lifetime of fixed lenses for what the pack costs.
          Last edited by zachary kling; 09-26-2012, 01:53 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Passive lens. Opinions?

            Not the thread hijack, but if I was to get a titanium and wanted to get a gold lens, do they make a lens that would fit. It's a 4x4 lens correct? Can't seem to find a 4x4 gold lens.

            Comment


            • #7
              But yet...

              Originally posted by bcumbie View Post
              Not the thread hijack, but if I was to get a titanium and wanted to get a gold lens, do they make a lens that would fit. It's a 4x4 lens correct? Can't seem to find a 4x4 gold lens.
              You did it anyway...next time start a new thread...they are only $0.02 a piece.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ok cool. And yes passive as in fixed shade or not auto darkening. Next question: where can I get different colored lenses?

                Comment


                • #9
                  harris welco makes a nice bluish lense (glass) its gold but looks bluish/white when you get the arc going.. omni-view use to make awesome plastic gold lense that looked more white with an arc, but its getting harder to find them

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is there anything other than gold around anymore? I heard about a blue one thats supposed to be really awesome but I dont think theyre around anymore.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 7018fiend View Post
                      Is there anything other than gold around anymore? I heard about a blue one thats supposed to be really awesome but I dont think theyre around anymore.
                      That's the American Optical Cool Blue filter. Yes, I covet one.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What is the price of your eyes?

                        Originally posted by 7018fiend View Post
                        I just bought a Miller Titanium series passive helmet. I thought it was awesome that it only cost $35, but then I thought compared to everything else it was extremely cheap. This got me concerned about quality. Is this helmet just cheap in price or cheap in build?
                        Buy the best, or go blind

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by justweldthis View Post
                          Buy the best, or go blind
                          OMG!!!

                          That is hilarious and applies to a variety of things.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.