Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cst 280, pc2

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cst 280, pc2

Recently purchased a used CST 280. Very well built machine. The main circuit board has a few bad components. I understand not being able to get a schematic, but would like to know the values of a few resistors on this board. I need the value of R55, R56, R57. The rest of the bad components are redily available. I am sure the resistors are also. Anyone have any information. A look at another board, even a bad board will help.

Thanks

Honestly, its much better to replace the boards than to attemp to fix. This is a exceedingly HIGH voltage machine. You get it wrong which is likely (I don't send inverter boards for repair either) and your either dead, or really feeling the hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by mnewman12001 View Post
      Recently purchased a used CST 280. Very well built machine. The main circuit board has a few bad components. I understand not being able to get a schematic, but would like to know the values of a few resistors on this board. I need the value of R55, R56, R57. The rest of the bad components are redily available. I am sure the resistors are also. Anyone have any information. A look at another board, even a bad board will help.

Thanks
      All the major components aren't very expensive. I have repaied similar boards in industrial electronics for 20 years. Just thought I'd try a major repair before a new board at $1000 or more.

Comment

As have I in aircraft avionics, and honestly, I wouldn't attempt a repair to this inverter.

Never the less component specs are not listed anywhere so your on your own

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.