Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello by the way.

Comment

Innershield or dual shield, big difference, what kind of machine are you using?

Comment

ticking noise

My dynasty 200dx making weird tick/click noise when I press the pedal. I remove the case to see its the arc jumping the points. The machine was fine the last time I used it.

Comment

12 vs trouble

An airco wasp 180 near equivalent to a Miller roughneck
          I just got the 12vs I did my best to study up beforehand but guess not enough

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
            My dynasty 200dx making weird tick/click noise when I press the pedal. I remove the case to see its the arc jumping the points. The machine was fine the last time I used it.
            Quite normal as the machine is charging and discharging all the time, to either maintain the arc, or when not welding maintaining an internal charge, and of course the hf makes a noise, depending on the year.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              Quite normal as the machine is charging and discharging all the time, to either maintain the arc, or when not welding maintaining an internal charge, and of course the hf makes a noise, depending on the year.
              I having erratic arcs and the display panel blinks when on the pedal. I know these dynasty have a humming/whine sound.

Comment

Open er up, and check the voltage pickups, just behind the output studs, likely the brass nuts that hold the pickup plate is loose. tighten them and red loctite the nuts in

Comment

12vs trouble

Can you explain the difference between inter shield and dual shield and why it makes a difference

Comment

Innershield uses no gas, Dual shield uses gas (CO2)

Innershield is (generally) straght polarity so pos is to the work clamp, and pickup off the VS feeder and neg to the feeder's lug

Dual shield is reverse polarity, so pos to the lug and neg to the work clamp and pickup

Comment

12 vs trouble

Thanks for your help cruzer

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                        I never said "Stupid", unsure where that came from.

Now the cable doesn't come in one piece sooo...

For a RCCS-14 you'll be needing the following:

039273 - amp conector c/w pins
                        151146 - 26.5' cable
                        215030 - tubing
                        209313 - 5 terminals required
                        209314 - connector
                        Sorry Cruizer,
                        I wasn't meaning any one was calling anyone stupid
                        I have simply grown to have enuff dislike for this cable and the lack of being able to buy it assembled, to begin to call "IT" (the cable) stupid.
                        I was simply hoping you would just yank a rabbit out of your hat....in the form of a Miller cable for my controller. I have bought the repair kits and have had pretty poor service from them after that. I will check out some different cable. They do go thru a lot of abuse.
                        Thanks, Garry

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                        Miller WC-115-A
                        Miller Spectrum 300
                        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Break-in of new 275 TB

Greetings Cruizer, thx for this thread and all your help to everybody on this website. Picking up a new 275 TB and wondering if you still recommend to burn a 50# box of rod to break-in the motor / welder? Any help is appreciated. Tricked Up

Comment

Originally posted by Tricked-Up-Welding View Post
                            Greetings Cruizer, thx for this thread and all your help to everybody on this website. Picking up a new 275 TB and wondering if you still recommend to burn a 50# box of rod to break-in the motor / welder? Any help is appreciated. Tricked Up
                            Gassers don't really need a breakin, so weld away....

Comment

Hello Cruizer- How bout this one-

We have a 1991 Syncrowave 250 SN KB 0429xx that only works with the remote switch set to remote and using the foot pedal, not when set to panel position, trying to arc weld with it.

Im going to order a new remote-panel switch S3 ( part # 052769 ) right ? and replace that and I wonder if there is also a relay that may be a cause that I should have on hand just in case while I have it opened up?

Have fingers crossed that its not the PC board. Thanks, Dave

Comment

Well, if its just your amperage not working, then it's likely the switch itself, as the remote has to go through the exsisting local control potentiometer, so we know thats ok, and obiously the board is ok.

That said, your NOT going to get HF in local control

Comment

Working...
                                X