No announcement yet.

Bored, need a problem I actually can't figure out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a toughy, I'd still go with a corroded connection somewhere. Boards are likely ok

Comment

• Syncrowave 350 ocv 140 oca 350 won't weld

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      This is a toughy, I'd still go with a corroded connection somewhere. Boards are likely ok
      ---------

Thanks again for the quick reply, is there anything that you can suggest I check with a digital volt meter. Or an area in general I should look into inorder to track this odd problem down. I have a fluke meter, though I don't have one that can check capacitors.... other than that I can check things for ya if you have any readings that I should be getting at certain spots in the machine. Also, I read in the manual about no weld output possibly being a thermostat tp1 seems its near a transformer at the bottom of the machine though I haven't spotted it yet and would like to know how to test it, if thats stopping the weld output er if you think I should even persue that possible cause. That symptom in the manual was... machine comes on and pilot light is lit as well as fan running and no weld output, though it never said anything about ocv high and oca false or high.
      Last edited by shadowiz; 02-08-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Well, if a thermostat was gone you'd have no output, but you do at the higher control.

Those connectors at the Hall look pretty corroded....

If you happen to have a tube of Dielectric grease, might want to do every terminal.

Comment

• Miller EconoTwin HF #JG132016

Cruiser I'm new here and may be out of place. I have a welder as Identified above that I bought reasonable because it was a 440 machine. I was going to junk it out but it was just to nice inside and I couldn't do it. I got to reading the simple schematic in it and decided I could center tab the primary and parallel the two windings and run it on 240 volts. That worked out perfectly. Now I want to ad a pedal to the machine so that i can gain some semblance of control. I can weld aluminum with it the way it is but for thin stuff I need to raise and lower the heat very quickly. I read somewhere that the foot pedal wires into the secondary winding on the ac side of the circuit. If I can get a schematic that actually shows voltage and amperage values I thought I might be able to use a SCR from a motor control to raise the heat up and down. I of course would like to have a new tig welder but I am retired on about 700.50 a month and can't see that happening. I really appreciate you at least thinking about this. thank you much Mac

Comment

• Well, nope unless you put some sort of motor drive on the moveable shunt. Its been done before with limited success.

Comment

• Did That

I did that right off, added a 48 volt transformer and a drive from a satellite antenna. It works well but not the instant control you get from a foot pedal.. May be you could tell me if its possible to buy a full operating schematic for an old machine like this and where I could get one. Thank you very much for your time. Mac

Comment

• I have all that, but honestly its not going to do you any good with this particular machine.

Comment

• Ok. I like your chop .. thanks Mac

I guess I'll just limp along. Thanks anyway Mac

Comment

• What (2) machines would You choose??

If You were to purchase an engine driven set-up to primarily weld 1/4"-3/8" Aluminum (using GTAW) that could be safely transported in the bed of a 1/2 Ton p/u....what set-up would you choose??

Comment

• Baldwin filter number for TB 302 with robin engine? Cruizer or anybody that knows thank you.

Comment

• I use Luberfiner, its number is PH2835.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric4Life View Post
                          If You were to purchase an engine driven set-up to primarily weld 1/4"-3/8" Aluminum (using GTAW) that could be safely transported in the bed of a 1/2 Ton p/u....what set-up would you choose??

Lincoln GXT, or Miller TB 302 for AC tig

Pretty much everbody uses a Spoolgun with Aluminum on engine drives, So A Miller 325, or Lincoln 305G would be best.

Comment

Working...
                          X