Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller xmt 350 VS good shape - $1100 - good deal or not?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go

The board assembly numbers are 219820 D and 213664 . It also has LF-11 on it. The machines s/n is LF-121929 . Stock number is 903471. Huge thanks if I can get it working.
    Last edited by b.maker; 09-12-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Think its D15 or D21 on the display board. don't have to pull it out of the circuit to test it. Just use the diode test function on your meter.

Or you can just send the board to "Radwell" for repair.

Comment

Not sure about my test.

I already have the boards out and on a bench and I checked both D15 and D21 from the display board with the multimeter and there was voltage going both ways, approx 1.264v and 1.420v going one way and approx .567v and .595v the other. I desoldered both and both read .596v one way and the other way nothing. I have a Hakko 808, so desoldering isn't a problem. I also have an old oscilloscope. If you have another thing you want me to try I'm up for it.

Comment

I'd be sending that board out for repair, tell them that the contactor circuit is fryed.

Comment

Any suggestions?

The 2 places near me I've tried just want to replace the board. The 3 I tried online say it's unrepairable. I probably haven't found the right place yet. Thanks for you help though.

Comment

I've been sending these and many others to "RADWELL". They are batting 100% so far with me.

Now that display board really hasn't changed much in 15 years, in other words I can pop on in from a 2010 machine into a 1996 and vice versa. I've got a bunch here if you really want one. $150 bucks. Think they are $400 ish new.

Comment

xmt 350

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                Nope just remove and replace components, nothing really technical.
                Do you still have the damaged xmt 350 I want to upgrade my vs to cc/cv spec?
                Regards Don
                Stony plain

Comment

Originally posted by donts7 View Post
                  Do you still have the damaged xmt 350 I want to upgrade my vs to cc/cv spec?
                  Regards Don
                  Stony plain

Sorry nope, used to repair another 350

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.