bobcat 225nt fuel pump problems help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobcat 225nt fuel pump problems help please

I think the fuel pump is intermediatly going out. It will run 5- 10 min them die. Fuel filter just changed. And stays mostly empty of fuel. Checkef the fuel tanks straw and look good no damage. How do I make sure its the fuel pump and not something else and would any Aftermarket electric fuel pump work?
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Specs on the pulsating diaphragm Onan fuel pump are minimum 2.6" mercury suction and 1.7psi discharge at 5 seconds low and high idle with gauges connected directly to and at the same elevation as the fuel pump.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Comment

Originally posted by eecervantes83 View Post
      I think the fuel pump is intermediatly going out. It will run 5- 10 min them die. Fuel filter just changed. And stays mostly empty of fuel. Checkef the fuel tanks straw and look good no damage. How do I make sure its the fuel pump and not something else and would any Aftermarket electric fuel pump work?
      The same exact thing happened to my 225 NT. I could put a bit of fuel down the carb and it would run a bit and quit. I purchased an aftermarket pump for $20 and problem solved. I tried new fuel lines and a new fuel filter first but it wound up being the pump.
      Nick

Comment

Kiwi what Aftermarket pump did you get I'm in need of one the sooner the better. & where did you buy it.
        Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
        Millermatic 211
        Spoolmate 100
        (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
        Work better & less parts to stock.
        Miller 130xp
        T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
        Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
        2. 4-1/2" grinders
        1. 9" grinder
        14" Makita chop saw
        1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Comment

Well member onanparts.com (TJ) is on vacation the entire month of September http://onanparts.com/index.php?main_...ort=20a&page=1 or I'd suggest getting with him so I recommend you search ebay for everything from used to new pumps.

Also check the condition of the pulse hose that goes between the vent tube on the timeing gear cover to the back of the fuel pump. If this hose has been softened by the oil vapors and is a loose fit, the pulse signal that makes the fuel pump work will be weak at best.
          Last edited by duaneb55; 09-02-2012, 09:09 AM.
          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL
          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Comment

Working...
          X