Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoolmatic 1

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolmatic 1

Ok guys here's the deal, I just got a new TB302 and 30-A spoolgun with wc-24. My question is can I adapt my old spoolmatic 1 to run off of this setup. From what I can see the only difference is the pins on the plug. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?

Well, if you were to remoove the circuit board out of the Spoolamtic 1, and stick a 10K 2 watt potentiometer into it.

Then you could hookup 2 wires for trigger, 2 wires for motor and 3 wires for the potentiometer.

However gas would be on all the time.

As it stands the existing wiring , 4 wires are for the 35 VDC input to the gun, a brake and contactor control.

So as it stands a Spoolmatic 1 gun cannot be used with a WC-24

Comment

Cruizer, thanks for the info. I got the spoolmatic for free, so nothing lost nothing gained.

Comment

The WC-1 weld control would be needed to use the SM-1 "as is" with your TB 302 but you already have the more compact and lighter WC-24 and 30A combination.

Comment

trust me id much rather run the 30-a but you can never have enough tools! thanks for all the replies

Comment

Keep in mind the SM-1 was a direct connect spoolgun for the early Millermatic 200s with the 4-pin spoolgun receptacle, do not require the WC-1 and are sought after from time to time.

Comment

Duaneb55, its funny you mention that machine. The sppolmatic I have came off that very machine. I got it for a good price. I will sell it if someone has a need for it.

Comment

I'd say free is a good price.

I don't need another one but if the price is right or for the benefit of anyone that may, what would you ask for it and would you be willing to package it up and ship it?

Comment

I have had it for 2 years, and never used it. I paid $40 for it. Make me an offer, i have no problem shipping buyer pays the frieght. I am always open to intresting trades too. I would rather see someone get some use fromt it than have it sit in my shop and collect dust.

Comment

spoolmatic 1

Did you sell your spoolmatic 1 yet. I will buy it.
                    Scott in Fremont, CA

i'll double your investment

Originally posted by Art. View Post
                    I have had it for 2 years, and never used it. I paid $40 for it. Make me an offer, i have no problem shipping buyer pays the frieght. I am always open to intresting trades too. I would rather see someone get some use fromt it than have it sit in my shop and collect dust.

Comment

Spoolmatic 1

I have one that is in great shape. It wasn't used much before being forgotten about up on the mezzanine. PM me your contact info and we can see if we can work something out.

Comment

vividus, scott i sent you a pm. contact me if your intrested in the spool gun.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.